Started by modifing the ZN-40 case adding bondo abs cement and JB-Weld
1mQUKeV.jpg

EIGZxZc.jpg

84AZ0jG.jpg

4vIhVg4.jpg

gpFEizP.jpg

Did some rough sanding with a file.
M3zgfs9.jpg

worked out where the triggers are going to go.
2IgM1ZB.jpg

Its starting to get comfy
aXKm1SR.jpg

Did some more work but I'm too lazy to upload more pics.

Last edited:
Interesting contour design. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. If you aren't in too deep, I highly recommend switching to a wii board instead. If you haven't heard, the wii has recently made gamecube portablizing pretty much obsolete. Smaller trim, less power, easier to wire up, no modchip or memory card needed, and it runs more games too!

Interesting contour design. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. If you aren't in too deep, I highly recommend switching to a wii board instead. If you haven't heard, the wii has recently made gamecube portablizing pretty much obsolete. Smaller trim, less power, easier to wire up, no modchip or memory card needed, and it runs more games too!
Yeah I recently found out about it and i am considering it. If i could find a wii under $30 ill probably switch

Yeah I recently found out about it and i am considering it. If i could find a wii under $30 ill probably switch
oh yikes, Ive heard rumors about this being a better option. Could it also run 64 and SNES emulators as well? If this is true I Might switch to this instead because the GC portable I'm working on is giving me a headache lol. Nice job btw on your progress Tacoslayer!

oh yikes, Ive heard rumors about this being a better option. Could it also run 64 and SNES emulators as well? If this is true I Might switch to this instead because the GC portable I'm working on is giving me a headache lol. Nice job btw on your progress Tacoslayer!
Yeah, the Wii has very good SNES, NES, and GBA emulators. The N64 emulator isn't great but there are tons of N64 games that run perfectly through virtual console. I'd say it's much better than the GameCube.

oh wow that sounds great. To bad i don't have one right now to tear up because I'm working on the gc (which is driving me nuts lol). I think the main problem I'm having is understanding how to officially download swiss firmware and everything else. The links where i click on the sites just don't make sense to me :(o_O

The big doers retired and the hobby was less appealing to the new generation

Yeah what happened to them?
BitBuilt happened, and most of the big shots moved over there.

The Wii is better in every way now that all the kinks have been worked out. Its easier to work with. At this point, there really isn't an advantage of a portable gamecube over a wii whatsoever, aside from the people that want to make a gamecube because "its a gamecube"

Last edited:
BitBuilt happened, and most of the big shots moved over there.

The Wii is better in every way now that all the kinks have been worked out. Its easier to work with. At this point, there really isn't an advantage of a portable gamecube over a wii whatsoever, aside from the people that want to make a gamecube because "its a gamecube"

yeah but wasnt bitbuilt made around after MBB went down? I'm not too sure as I havent been active a bit after Ashens revion 4

Yeah after looking into it im probably going to switch to a wii. Found one for $15

Make sure its a 4 layer board. They use like half the power and generate half the heat! AND they are easier to cut, as they have been completely documented :D

Make sure its a 4 layer board. They use like half the power and generate half the heat! AND they are easier to cut, as they have been completely documented :D
Yeah I looked at the guide ands its a black wii. Can I use Zenlocs regs for the wii?

You can use the PTH08080 regulators, for each of the 1v, 1.15v, 3.3v and 5v, but you would need to use different resistors to set the voltage because the wii runs off of a different voltage than the gamecube.

Back