Gamecube Portable Help!

Mr.Mike

Hello Modretro! so i have been in the process of planning and everything to create my gamecube portable. So far I have taken my gamecube apart but wanted to see if it worked so, i connected the regulator board up along with the dd and i powered it up, the only problem is that the gamecube wont load up on my tv! now the thing is, is that when i turn it on the fan starts working and stuff so i know the gamecube is getting power, but the gamecube wont...boot up on screen. So far I have removed all serial ports on the bottom (Besides the dd one) removed the digital output plug in, and removed the memory slot B. I checked the connections on the regulator board and dd and they were pretty snug. Also the optical drive cables are plugged in nicely as well. I even took extra precaution and put paper towel between the mobo and the dd so there would not be any shortages. So right now im kinda lost as to what i should do. ill try some more but I would love some help. Thanks in advance!

-Mr.Mike (Michael)

It's a short. You shorted or the controller or the memory card. It happened to me once. Clean up those solder connections

Here's my story... When I connected the memcard on the the mobo I might have shorted a connection.. The gc would turn on but not display anything on screen. I fixed the short and it was up and running normally again!

Does the GC get hot? That'll tell if its getting power and turning on. Post some pictures as well, it'll make out job a whole lot easier.

hmmm...well i do think i may have shorted something on my mobo so what im doing now is salvaging all parts i can like the controller ports, regulator board, power switches, disk drive, and all that good stuff. So with that said, before i read your posts i already took everything apart and started to sort out what i could and couldn't use. That being said, im going to take another gamecube apart (Once i get one) and try this again! This is all a learning process for me and so far i have learned a lot and all your input is greatly appreciated! Hopefully i can start up a worklog soon! oh and for future reference i will post pictures with any question i have so it will benefit everyone! Thanks for your input so far! Anyway, while on the topic of gamecube portablizing, I have decided my design would be similar to zenloc's gamecube slide. Furthermore, im gonna have a 5inch screen (TFT or dalian...what ever is cheapest!). Also im gonna use some off-brand ps3 joysicks and since when you push down on the joystick, it activates a tact switch, so im gonna hook-up the tact switch to the z button so i can have dual z buttons as well! Anyway, i hope u all will keep an eye out for what i have to show off and ask! Thanks so much so far! Im really excited with this project so far!

Back