GameCube memory card

moyakong

Hi guys, its me again. This time I want to ask you about my GameCube memory card. I tried to connect the memory card on the gc but we I turn it on, its says that is not recognized, so I was wondering if my connection are good. Do you have an idea? Thanks guys!!!

20130902_200040_zpse5b95b69.jpg

20130902_200132_zps1763748c.jpg

20130902_200140_zps5da22193.jpg

20130902_200147_zps743d8210.jpg

Your wires might be too long, but that's probably not the case. I think you will have to just rewire everything if you can't find a single error. Remember, practicing only makes you better, and someday everything you're doing will seem super easy.

Tip: Test before drowning in hot glue. Makes life easier if something doesn't go right.

Guys maybe my error comes from the sense in and sense out, in this picture ashen shows an arrow that goes from one pin to another, how do you connect the pins sense in and out? Wat i did is to connect both from the gc to the sd card. But in the picture, if i follow the arrow i have to cnnect them together? I dont know lol thanks for your answers by the way.

5.png

Your wires are too long and too thick. I'd put money on it.

Sense is just 3.3v going from pin 12 into pin 1 when a memcard is inserted. This just tells the GC something is there. Either way you connect it is fine.

Ok ashen thanks for your quick answer. First ill try to reduce the size of the wires than if it doesn't work ill try to change the wires.
One last question l swear Ashen lol. To see if I understood. Both sense pins have to be connected in the GameCube, and both senses pins have also to be connected with the memory card? Gracias amigo!

Back