~Gamecube Fusion(s)~ Worklog

Hugo_Peters said:
WOW. Just WOW.
That was like the fasted, nicest portable ever built.

These things are amazing and tiny and WOW. I cant wait for final pics. You better make more portables after this! Your skill is incredible.

unicycler17 said:
Hugo_Peters said:
WOW. Just WOW.
That was like the fasted, nicest portable ever built.

These things are amazing and tiny and WOW. I cant wait for final pics. You better make more portables after this! Your skill is incredible.
What does ModRetro says about his skill level?
...IT'S OVER NINE THOOOUUSSAANNNDDD!!!!
...WHAT NINE THOUSAND!? There's NO way that could be right.

:lol:

Haha. Thx guys! I'll have some pics and a video up later. I've been happily playing for about 3hours now. I'm on cloud 9.

Ashen said:
Haha. Thx guys! I'll have some pics and a video up later. I've been happily playing for about 3hours now. I'm on cloud 9.
IT IS DONE!? :dahroll: :dahroll: :dahroll: :dahroll: :dahroll:

~PICS~PICS~PICS~PICS~PICS~PICS~PICS~PICS~

OMG POST PICS NOW!

Are they both finished, or just one? If just one, you're still gonna finish the other, right?

Haha, yep still working on the 2nd unit which will be identical except for be painted black. I get off work in about an hour. Pics then :)

So... I've run into an interesting little problem now. Wired up my 11.1v battery pack today, charged it all up and everything went fine. However when I plug my GCp into the battery pack the Wiikey fusion refuses to load up the disc loader "channel" (everything else is working fine, system, screen, sound, etc). Plug the unit back into wall power and bam! It works... while running off battery power the Wiikey fusion is working, I can tell because the blue LED comes on. I'm at a loss... any ideas? I figure it must have something to do with pin 29's connection to ground and the break action it requires to load up the bootloader. Still dunno why it wont work though.

Edit: Tested the battery pack on my "home console" cube modded with the Wiikey Fusion and that works fine... Hmmmm... ><;;

That is not good...
Is your "home" gamecube trimmed ? How is the wiikey fusion soldered to it ? What is displayed on the screen of the GCp (an error or juste "no disc inserted")?

As it is working on your "home" gamecube, we can say that it is not a problem of wrong voltage...but you should take some measures to be sure...

How long are the wires you are using to solder the wiikey to the mobo ? From where are you taking the power supply for the wiikey ?

You can try to put a capacitor (6V 50nF, the capacity is not critical but 10-100nF should be OK, DO NOT put a big capacity, there is a risk of shortcut !) in parallel between wiikey's 3.3V and GND , at your own risk...

It's my only idea, hope we will found out the problem !

Ashen said:
So... I've run into an interesting little problem now. Wired up my 11.1v battery pack today, charged it all up and everything went fine. However when I plug my GCp into the battery pack the Wiikey fusion refuses to load up the disc loader "channel" (everything else is working fine, system, screen, sound, etc). Plug the unit back into wall power and bam! It works... while running off battery power the Wiikey fusion is working, I can tell because the blue LED comes on. I'm at a loss... any ideas? I figure it must have something to do with pin 29's connection to ground and the break action it requires to load up the bootloader. Still dunno why it wont work though.

Edit: Tested the battery pack on my "home console" cube modded with the Wiikey Fusion and that works fine... Hmmmm... ><;;

Did you test all the voltages? Maybe a voltage isn't getting to where it needs to? Test the wiikey to make sure its getting everything it needs. This may sound silly, but sometimes I mess everything up after wiring up the smallest things, so check all your wires to make sure nothing got bumped off, etc.

I've checked everything :/ works perfectly fine plugged into the wall. Only issue is when running from the batts. Meh.. I'll figure it out when I have more time.

Other than the slight issue with that...

Opinion needed on this:

0f36d5f5.jpg

What do you guys think about the white buttons against the black case? Its up to emu in the end of course. This one is his. I know the photo is sideways.. Sorry cant do much about it from my iPhone.

Opinions welcome!!

Haha not too shabby as is your white one:)
Though I do think your button configuration is a little weird as far as
A,B,X and Y's positions.I mean compared to the gemecube controller.
Otherwise great work and nice colors my friend!
And I do hope you solve your battery issue :D
That is very strange....

Vansman said:
Haha not too shabby as is your white one:)
Though I do think your button configuration is a little weird as far as
A,B,X and Y's positions.I mean compared to the gemecube controller.
Otherwise great work and nice colors my friend!
And I do hope you solve your battery issue :D
That is very strange....

Its a replication of the wii classic controller. completely normal setup.

And I personally like the black and white contrast Ashen!

I love the contrast. Leave it as it is. I can't imagine why your battery pack isn't working, especially since it works on your wiikey modded cube. Maybe you could try it with 14.8v? idk

Hope you don't mind. Thought I'd rotate it for you (also cropped it a bit, for the Heck of it). That way people can better judge their coloring suggestions.
clipboard01il.jpg

Back