Gamecube custom logos for portables: How to!

Gamerlolwind

hay everyone, here's my guide i made on how to create custom GC logos for your SD cards (normal and micro adapter too!), enjoy!

]Gamecube custom logos for portables: How to!

By Gamerlolwind

let's begin!

What you need to make this:

- an SD card that you'll use for your gc portable or cube (normal sd or micro adapter works fine)
- a PC (Mac or windows) to use photo editing programs for making your custom logos and printing out etc. Programs depend on OS system.
- UHU glue stick (not runny UHU, stick works better for this, you'll see why later)
- a GCP or GC for testing your sd out,
- Scissors, to cut stuff etc
- ink print paper that has a sticky side.
- celo tape

Step I:

Tutorial is mac biased.

once, you have all your stuff ready, first go on to your browser and Google: GC logo,

get this image and save it to your desktop or somewhere convent to remember.

step II:

Next, using your OS's photo editing programs, like:

Windows: paint, gimp, photoshop etc...
Mac: photoshop, graphics converter etc...

i used Graphics converter on my iMac to make two copies of my GC logo image to make my custom logos, you can use whatever you feel comfortable in using, that's up to you.

making a logo like editing the "nintendo gamecube" part with your custom text,
and painting over the gc logo with your own custom color.

step III

anyways, once you've made your image then you can go ahead and print it out.

print it out using your printer etc, and use settings like so:

on your settings use scale: 10, 20, 30, 40.

or if they don't work, use 15, 25, 35.

test and see which size works for you, until you find your preferred size. (trial n error)

then print it out!

step IV

take your sticker paper to use for the logos:

and take one sheet of paper to use:

here are my two logos i made:

1 x Logo: GC homebrew
1 x Logo: GC Wiikey SD

step V

take and cut a smaller size of the one sheet of sticker paper from before:

my example is my SD card for Homebrew loading from slot B:

then size compare your logo on the sd card, and if it's good, next step, if not trim to fit your sd card with scissors!

take your UHU stick and apply some on your logo and the stick it on your sticker piece:

then cut your new logo like so:

then flip over the logo and peel off the sticker part:

and apply logo on sd card:

and done!

*Optional*

if you want, you can add some celo tape (scotch type, clear one) to your sd card to protect the logo and give the shiny effect (if).

and done with celotape!

enjoy your new GC custom logo sd cards on your GCP or home cube or wii.

i'll be using my Wiikey SD logo for my new SDXD card (128gb) i'll get from amazon uk for having all my gc ames on it and some extras, like megalomanic's megaloader for homebrew, swiss etc.

Nice guide.

But a few suggestions.

1. Print the logo's on to glossy printer label paper.
2. Then laminate over them. Office depot sells laminate sheets that you can put over anything.
3. Cut out and put them on the sd card.

Much better looking prints, better looking logo's , last forever.

This is cool, I have done this before but with only a piece of regular printer paper. I had some difficulty with the sd card being almost to thick with the extra layer of paper to have a smooth actuation, I feel resistance only when I put the card in and take it out. With all these other layers does the sd card stick to the card slot?

hailrazer said:
Nice guide.

But a few suggestions.

1. Print the logo's on to glossy printer label paper.
2. Then laminate over them. Office depot sells laminate sheets that you can put over anything.
3. Cut out and put them on the sd card.

Much better looking prints, better looking logo's , last forever.

thanx hail, i really liked the gc logo sticker that someone on gc forever forums made, so i thought of making this how to easy guide. :mrgreen:

nice suggestion, both work fine, for the glossy paper just follow the same method of the normal paper and your golden :awesome:

also, can/should this be added to the gc megasticky for easier reference?

if a mod can do this, thanx

TheProactivePikmin said:
This is cool, I have done this before but with only a piece of regular printer paper. I had some difficulty with the sd card being almost to thick with the extra layer of paper to have a smooth actuation, I feel resistance only when I put the card in and take it out. With all these other layers does the sd card stick to the card slot?

same paper i used, i felt some resistance only when I put the card in and take it out too but it isn't too bad,
um, the card doesn't stick to the card slot, you just have to pull it out with a bit more force because of the logo, but only a bit more.

thanx TheProactivePikmin

Back