GameCube audio amp

NNSS

OK guys, I basically finished everything in my GCP except for cutting up the controller and wiring audio.

So about the audio, my screen comes with an amp already, but basically anything that isn't a 'high' pitch is so distorted it sounds like a loose rattle. So I need to know: which amp is recommended for a gcp?

I'd like an amp that is as small as possible while still delivering high quality sound, so do you guys have any suggestions? Also are there any audio guides out there for gcps?

Thanks

It's hard to give any recommendations without knowing what speakers the amp needs to drive. What speakers do you intend to use?

I have four speakers that at 8 ohm, 1 watt

But I can use the speakers that come with the amp. I've heard about iluv speakers, and iPod speakers. Does anyone have a specific one they can suggest to me? Thanks

If you wanna make use of the speakers you have now, you can use a pam8403 amp. It's output is .9W when it's powered from 3.6v with an 8 ohm load. So if you powered the amp with the gamecubes 3.4v line you would be well within the specs of the speakers.

You can get them with or without volume control.

Back