Gamecube Advanced

Hi everybody, I've been a lurker on this forum for a long time, but I finally decided to join in order to ask advice/start a worklog on making a gamecube portable. I'm planning on adding a gameboy player and having both wiikey fusion and a disc drive. I am going to use a 4.3 inch tft monitor and a vacuum molded case.

http://www.amazon.com/Rearview-Monitor- ... B005CFLMNC
The screen I'm going to use

I'd go with another name. Here are some ideas:
GCA
GBAC
GBA^3 (gameboy advance cubed)
Cube boy
cube player/playa
N6 (referencing 6th gen nintendo, having both of their 6th Gen systems in one)
Cubevance

Also, I think that screen will work just fine.

good luck
sounds like it's going to be almost a GameCube sized gamecube portable :awesome:
you should think about sd gecko for emulators also
i think you need a megadrive v4 for both wiki and disk drive.
not really meant for portables though i don't think

Dyxlesci said:
I'd go with another name. Here are some ideas:
GCA
GBAC
GBA^3 (gameboy advance cubed)
Cube boy
cube player/playa
N6 (referencing 6th gen nintendo, having both of their 6th Gen systems in one)
Cubevance

Also, I think that screen will work just fine.

I think I will go with gameboycube/ GBA^3/ cubeboy advanced

edit: or gamecube player

vince said:
good luck
sounds like it's going to be almost a GameCube sized gamecube portable :awesome:
you should think about sd gecko for emulators also
i think you need a megadrive v4 for both wiki and disk drive.
not really meant for portables though i don't think

Yes, it will definitely be gamecube sized :lol:

can you give me a link as to where I can find an sd gecko?

I guess I should explain the reason why I want both disc drive and wiikey :rolleyes:
I was originally just going to have a system with a disc drive, but I saw how ridiculously expensive the discs are for gameboy player, and how the physical add on is dirt cheap, so I thought 'why not add both the wiikey and the disc drive'.
so yeah.

Does the sd gecko load isos?

sd gecko loads roms that are compatible with the emulator you are using, no gc isos
it all goes on the sd card you are using for the sdgecko

onewingsrider said:
'why not add both the wiikey and the disc drive'.
i think you mean wasp fusion and if you use it, there isn't a need for the disk drive really

badassconsoles.com is a trust worthy site. The owner is a frequent contributor over at gc-forever.com, he also used to sell items in the market place here and there.

onewingsrider said:
I saw on a worklog (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13609) this site called badassconsoles, so I decided to check it out. can you tell me if it's trustable? if it is, then I have a much cheaper source of gamecube than where I was planning to get my gamecube.

The site is by Megalomanic is trustable but then again i never ordered there

KidBuilder1 said:
onewingsrider said:
I saw on a worklog (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13609) this site called badassconsoles, so I decided to check it out. can you tell me if it's trustable? if it is, then I have a much cheaper source of gamecube than where I was planning to get my gamecube.

The site is by Megalomanic is trustable but then again i never ordered there
DuHasst0 said:
badassconsoles.com is a trust worthy site. The owner is a frequent contributor over at gc-forever.com, he also used to sell items in the market place here and there.
Thank you.

I was thinking, and I kind of wonder if it would just be easier to use swiss and an sd gecko rather than installing a gameboy player. Please tell me what you think I should do.

Also, does anybody have a suggestion as to what battery I should use?

onewingsrider said:
I was thinking, and I kind of wonder if it would just be easier to use swiss and an sd gecko rather than installing a gameboy player. Please tell me what you think I should do.

Also, does anybody have a suggestion as to what battery I should use?

Really you can get a emulator for GBA on the gecko (great idea) but if you want to be unique try to use the gameboy player

And still getting my knowledge up on batteries but i guess use a li-ion because they're lightweight BUT DO NOT FORGET THE CHARGER PROTECTION BOARD IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT , IT WILL BLOW UP(KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM) ok :)

I've decided that rather than spending roughly $200 on wiikey/wasp fusion and a megadrive, I'll just use a modchip (xenoGC 2.0) to make it so I can play gameboy player and more.

Edit: Wow, that really sounds like an ad for xenogc

Using a GBA emulator won't cut it. For some reason, the GBA emulator on GameCube is so slow that's most games are far from playable.

megalomaniac said:
200$ WTF ???
are you sure you know what parts you are looking at or what parts you even need?
|I've decided that rather than spending roughly $200 on wiikey/wasp fusion and a megadrive
No offense meant to you, the megadrive is AWESOME, it's just expensive

Back