Gameboy modding?

Tsukeo

Will it be VERY hard to open up a GameBoy Advance SP, make a new case, and add a bigger screen?

Because I would like to make like a bigger "Gameboy Micro" with the capability of playing GameBoy, and GameBoy Colour games on the same machine.
And no, flashcarts are out of the question, as I simply don't get the same "feel" when I play with flashcarts. :/

I've never even made a portable before. But I have a friend with skills within electronic, and he's able to sodder.

But I'm not making a Gamecube portable, mostly because I hold my only Gamecube very dear to myself, and I can't afford a new one.

But if I get that TV cable, are some other cables - like RGB, but smaller - that I can get into a little screen?

the GBA needs to be taken apart and a little soddering is needed for GBA TV Convertor to be installed, your Friend might need to help you with it. the normal composite video style connects to a lot of stuff as a standard normally yellow RCA or Phono jack. you can probably do a search on it for more info to see if that is what you want to do or not.

Back