Game³

Oops lmao.. Yea it's 3mm, sorry about that. Anyway I can't get it to get formed before it cools down. I heat it to about 380° F.

Game³

edit: (for the thousandth time lol)

I've decided to try using Polystyrene which I had no idea Rona had (never been inside before).

I'm 99% positive I messed up the battery calculations, but whatever, I'm going for 4 batteries instead of 6, and I don't know if this sounds stupid but I'm thinking of putting an fm transmitter inside of it to have the music stream from the portable to a stereo for a louder effect whenever a radio is around or I might not do this.

Could anyone recommend a website to buy some good plastic for vacuum forming, all of the plastic in my town is not meant for it and cools down way too fast, I tried two different kinds but one was either too thick and the other was some weird kind from rona (they didn't tell me what kind it was when i asked, "didn't know")

I would really appreciate it

Thanks! Hopefully it will work this time (honestly I think it cools down too fast)

Here is what my Game³ should look like when I am finished

gamefront.png

gameback.png

It is measured out to be 10.17" By 4.79" (approx 10 3/16 by 4 13/16)
Pretty long because of the 7" screen

Created it with Adobe Illustrator so the measurements are pretty accurate

you know, you always could just buy a wii u tablet shell from ebay or something and use that for your case, just with some modding of the case here and there. Im pretty sure the tablet has a 7in screen size like you need so then your 7in tft screen could fit easily inside...you know just suggestion :cool:

Mr.Mike said:
you know, you always could just buy a wii u tablet shell from ebay or something and use that for your case, just with some modding of the case here and there. Im pretty sure the tablet has a 7in screen size like you need so then your 7in tft screen could fit easily inside...you know just suggestion :cool:

Yea but no. I wanted to create my own design, I know a shell would be way easier for me but I wouldn't want to do it, not this time anyway. I don't think the Wii U tablet is even wide enough for my skills in modding.

Thanks for the idea though.

Wired the batteries a few days ago, project still going.
qupysuju.jpg

Fan is going to be cut into the heatsink, not all the way in to let the air flow through. Found some plastic, should order it soon (its 2mm)

Vacuum forming went better than last time with new plastic, not as well as I hoped for
te8yju3u.jpg

urybaqa5.jpg

Corners are messed up, the plastic didn't go all the way down either, I guess I have to loosen the sides to make the plastic go all the way down.

Not sure for the case, but for the batteries, you made a mistake, you need a pack of two cells to have 7.4v at 5000 mah, and 6 packs to have 30A. So in fact, you need 12 cells to have your 30A, it will weight over 1kg just for batteries....

Yea I know, it's hard to see but I have 4 batteries hooked up for 14v at 5000 mah, I don't know why I thought before it would be 30a, but what I have should give me around 2.5 hours of life.

Yea but that's 5600mah, say it takes 2000mah, that's 2.8 hours. I have 5000mah so that's 2.5. Lol I don't have 30A if that's what you were thinking

5000mAh at 14v is equivalent to 9400mAh at 7.4v. If you can get 2.8 hours from 5600mAh at 7.4v, I think it's pretty unlikely you're going to get LESS than that with your batteries, 30 watts more than what I have.

Back