Game³

zefeldo

I'm working on a gamecube portable, calling it the game cubed.
I'm going to have a 7-inch good screen, NDS speakers, the iPod amp, and a different way to put the Sd card in for wiikey fusion and Sd "gecko". It's hard to show but as soon as I figure out how to put it together I will post a video, it may take me a long time to finish this portable but I will, it's just hard for me to vacuum form.

Edit: I hope the name Game³ Isn't taken, I've searched it up and haven't found anything

Lol ok I guess, I've gotten the wood for the case almost completed. Like for the vacuum forming
yqy6e7ap.jpg

Fire the case? Either your saying its an alright case or I could accidentally set it on fire with the hot plastic. And I know this sounds crazy but I'm going to try to have 12 hours of battery life. With 30A's of battery it should be good

Game³

Haha no, it will be 6 batteries, it should fit inside the case, I have everything worked out on adobe illustrator. The only problem I could think of would be the weight

Edit: 6 of these

Well, that would give you the battery life, but keep in mind that's a lot of added size/weight.

Game³

Just before i go about trying to create a case, i would need an idea for a good "top" for the former.
I have 3 ideas and i would like to know which one would be the best.
Also if they all suck, what would work?
vacuum.png

Nvm I think I got it. Another question though, if I were to remove the little round cr2032 or cr2035 battery that keeps track of the calendar settings while the gamecube is on, would that mess anything up?

Ok, the reason I'm asking is because I want to have a way to take it out without opening the case and if someone who gets a hold of it opens it and takes it out while its on it wouldn't do anything other than reset the time.

(Even though it might not)

Yet another but, could I hot glue a screen to the case to keep it on or should I somehow screw it on to keep it there? Just wondering if a screen could get too hot to melt the glue and fall out of place or if it would be fine, if you need to know what screen I'm talking about its this one
Link

You could hot glue it, but the small space in portables quickly heat up. you'd be much better off using some epoxy to hold it in place.

I've tried to vacuum form again.. And it didn't work for me. The vacuum sucks really good but the plastic seems to cool off too fast before I can form it. I'm using polycarbonate it's about 3cm thick. I see people using different plastics while vacuum forming and I would like to know what kind it is, I am going to try something else to form my case.

Lol well Home Depot is pretty much the only place in my city that sells plastic, unfortunately they only have it in that thickness. I guess I'll have to buy some online

Back