FS: Low-battery indicator circuit

daftmike

Electronics Whizz!
I made a little prototype of my low-batt circuit today, and messy hand-soldering aside, it turned out pretty well.
I've got enough parts on hand to make quite a few more, so I thought I might offer them for sale here on the forums.

smdlowled7.jpg

smdlowled8.jpg

(excuse the poor mobile phone pics) dimensions: 17 x 15 x 1.5mm

It has a green/red led built in, and draws <5mA. It comes pre-calibrated, so all you'd have to do is solder two wires to your battery.
There'd be versions for all the common battery voltages 7.4V, 11.1V 14.8V etc. with the led changing from green to red to show ~10-15% battery life remaining.

Depending on shipping costs, the price will be around $6-8 to the US, and a bit cheaper for EU/UK with discounts for 2 or more.
If there's enough interest in this thread I'll confirm the prices and start accepting orders for them sometime next week.

Prices including worldwide shipping will be:
$8.50 for 1
$14.00 for 2 (save $3)
$19.00 for 3 (save $6.50)
$24.00 for 4 (save $10)

Payment via paypal, PM me for more details.

I see that you are in the UK, need a US distributor for your circuits?

I would be willing to do so for a reasonable fee. ::3:

I checked at the post office today, and the shipping is slightly more expensive than I thought. I've updated the first post with the definite prices and will start taking orders this weekend.

@Toastbucket
I could make a version for 6V, but there'd be an extra $1 charge because I don't have the right parts on hand at the moment.

@epicelite
Send me a pm if you are serious, otherwise i'll take βeta's advice about the MR Store.

daftmike said:
@epicelite
Send me a pm if you are serious, otherwise i'll take βeta's advice about the MR Store.
No offence to epicelite, but I think you will get quite a bit more buisness through the MR Store. I predict its going to be more mainstream.

Very nice. I was seriously considering making some PCBs for these indicator circuits for myself.

A quick bump to say I'll start taking orders from today, and that I've updated the first post with pics of the final board.

I'm bumping this just because it deserves it. I hadn't known about this until 2 months ago so I'm betting other members don't either. Totally a great deal IMO.

Tchay said:
I'm bumping this just because it deserves it. I hadn't known about this until 2 months ago so I'm betting other members don't either. Totally a great deal IMO.

Definitely. I'm still interested in buying one :D So daftmike, if you're still making these/have some, I will purchase.

Just to let you guys know, I'll still make these circuits for anybody who wants one.

If you're interested shoot me a pm.

Back