frist time mod help?

pjx10

Newb
im looking to mod my ds lite with a spiked red koopa shell this would be my first time ever modding anything so how would i make this?

Vacuum forming it would be my first suggestion. However, it's not a simple/easy mod. You'd have to heat up the top half of the DS case and somehow prevent the screen and speaker holes from warping, then form it around a mold shaped like a koopa shell. A paintjob and some protective clearcoat would finish it.

That, or you could take the easier route and buy some sheet plastic, heat that up, form it around the shell mold, cut it out, then cut part of the top half of the DS out. Bondo the shell to the case, sand it, paint it, etc.

pjx10 said:
that first suggestion is out of the question my ds is limited edishion

Well if it's limited edition and you don't want it wrecked why mod it? There is always a chance to destroy something, sometimes high. And if you are inexperienced mods can look very ugly.

pjx10 said:
im looking to mod my ds lite with a spiked red koopa shell this would be my first time ever modding anything so how would i make this?

Mod it WITH a red spiked shell? Where did you get one of those, and how are you using it to mod your DS? :awesome:

Now, to be serious: What would you like your mod to look like? And if you care about it being limited edition, why are you modding it? Besides, "limited edition" means nothing in the nintendo DS world, the only "rare" units are the Final Fantasy ones, and perhaps the Dialgo vs Palkia Pokemon Center DS Lite (Which I own, btw).

PalmerTech said:
pjx10 said:

Mod it WITH a red spiked shell? Where did you get one of those, and how are you using it to mod your DS? :awesome:

Now, to be serious: What would you like your mod to look like? And if you care about it being limited edition, why are you modding it? Besides, "limited edition" means nothing in the nintendo DS world, the only "rare" units are the Final Fantasy ones, and perhaps the Dialgo vs Palkia Pokemon Center DS Lite (Which I own, btw).

yeah i do have the dialgo vs palkia one too...i thought about makeing it kinda like one of those ds armors. my dad said leather so that sounded like a good idea...

pjx10 said:
PalmerTech said:
pjx10 said:

yeah i do have the dialgo vs palkia one too...i thought about makeing it kinda like one of those ds armors. my dad said leather so that sounded like a good idea...
You can't use leather for a case. :facepalm:

Back