First Xbox 360 Case Mod WIP Thread

Abyss

I put the BRO in brony!
Been working on my first case mod for my Xbox 360. Wolborg thought I was doing quite well and encouraged me to post this. So this is my WIP thread.
ow9uO.jpg

Before paint. Polycarbonate window and 12v brushless computer fan above heat sink for better cooling.
9fcmW.jpg

After a dusting of black vinyl dye.

Things to do:
Fix my RROD
Add some red LED's
Actually hook up fan
Flash DVD drive, unless that can get me banned from XBL
Modchip

Hopefully my images turn out ok. I'm on mobile for about a week :/

Noah7 said:
Flashing can get you banned if you don't do it right.
I was afraid of that. I'll worry about researching and doing that once it's actually functional though. Backups aren't really a priority for me anyway.

Use ABGX360, research what SSv2 and AP 2.5 is, and always keep updated on the latest news and releases and you should be fine, but no guarantees of course. Just don't do anything stupid like playing an unverified game or playing a game prior to release. The last real Xbox Live ban wave was all the way back in '09. Since then LT and LT+ have come out which focus on having the firmware be as close to stock as possible, and Microsoft has only done bans on consoles that play discs with incorrect security or AP 2.5 information.

As for the case mod, its really looking nice so far. Looking forward to see the final result.

Thanks for the info, Zero. Hopefully I'll be able to go to Radio Shack soon to get some LED's. Would normal or the square kind be better in this situation?

Crazy Inventor said:
Depends where you put them. Corners should be better with squares and normal for just about everywhere else.
I'll be going with normal ones then. Going to try to pick up a T6 screwdriver today to make a HDD that matches the rest of the console.

Added one LED for now. Hooked up fan.
In light:
IMG_20111111_065818.jpg

In the dark:
IMG_20111111_065833.jpg

Basement_modder: that's next on the agenda.

Legitimate double post for basement_modder <3
To be cut tomorrow:
IMG_20111114_201955.jpg

Ultra sexy center piece:
IMG_20111114_220512.jpg

And the last thing I wanted to see (no picture): E74 returning the day before Halo Anniversary Edition. Fixing that tomorrow as well.

Back