Fierce64 Worklog DONE

Re: Fierce64 Worklog

I've got the picture of my board that you wanted, cndowning, but I don't think it will help you since I haven't actually cut it yet and the wires are chaotic.

Anyways, here it is:
2011-03-18_16-11-47_312.jpg

Everything is rewired and it is going to be only a little bit bigger than the chip when it's done. I doubt It will be nearly as complicated for you since you don't need it as small. Just follow the traces and rewire.

Thanks man! Yeah I really can't see much, but I can tell it's a different revision of the super pad. Mine doesn't even have the black spot covering the chip and the whole back side is covered with capacitors and resistors so cutting it down would be a near impossible feat...I love when I get stuck with outdated...outdated technology!

Can I see a picture of your controller board? mine had a bunch of capacitors and resistors too, but I just followed the traces and relocated.

Well I looked at it again and the black chip is on the back side of the board. Doesn't really matter much anyway because I was able to just chop off the D-pad part and have enough room for the the rest of it. I do appreciate the help though! Can't wait to see this finished!

Alright, it's been awhile, but I've been doing work, just not updating.

For whatever reason, my old mobo stopped working and had to use a new one. It's ram-swapped (thanks for the ram, bud ;)) , cut mostly, and I've started to RCP wire.
2011-04-04_21-41-39_306.jpg

I've done more casework, speaker holes.
2011-04-04_21-42-02_100.jpg

Also, here is my idea for a heatsink. It's a the aluminum N64 original heatsink, just flattened and cut. I'm not sure about the thermal properties of metal that had been stressed, but I hope it works.
2011-04-04_21-43-54_635.jpg

Your heat sink should work. Its the same thing I did, but mine's smaller, and I've used it for hours without it overheating.
heres mine, its the heat sink from an SNES:
hpim0625r.jpg

And I love your case so far! This think looks like its gonna be epically small :awesome:

Okay, case is painted finally
2011-05-22_21-19-52_940.jpg

I drilled vent holes all along the sides too.
2011-05-22_21-40-07_879.jpg

And the top is cut out for the cart slot.
2011-05-22_21-39-57_885.jpg

The bottom, with power, audio up and down, and charge jack.
2011-05-22_21-40-29_191.jpg

Overall, I like the way the case looks. Not perfect, but a couple blemishes aren't too bad. I messed up a little on the power switch, and there are some scratches on the bottom, but you don't see the bottom too much, so I don't really mind. Now I have to put the buttons in, but i'm going to let my case set for awhile to make sure my paint hardens fully.

Thanks, I don't think l'll ever make a case as nice as the Nimbus 2, but I like mine the way it is.

Also, I'm seriously considering and name change, but I can't decide on a better one yet.

Thanks man, but you'll get there. It just my background before I even started this was with wood working and materials, so once I figured the vacuum table out the rest just started to come together. However, with electronics, I'm a bit hit or miss on and what you've done with the N64 board and the controller is far beyond anything in my capabilities and am exceedingly jealous of that. haha! Looking forward to seeing this finished!

Blackhawk64 is and awesome name, but I was thinking of naming it something related to Zelda. But, yeah it does sound catchy. The only thing is that there aren't any N64 games that have blackhawks in them. I'm thinking of making it have something to do with the shadow temple in OOT, since it's black. Hopefully I'll think of a name eventually.

FierceDeity said:
I've got the picture of my board that you wanted, cndowning, but I don't think it will help you since I haven't actually cut it yet and the wires are chaotic.

Anyways, here it is:
2011-03-18_16-11-47_312.jpg

Everything is rewired and it is going to be only a little bit bigger than the chip when it's done. I doubt It will be nearly as complicated for you since you don't need it as small. Just follow the traces and rewire.
Where did you get the analog stick from?

MarioOwnsAll

I've made a graphic of the case for my sig-
f64.png

I've been making progress on the case, buttons and all, but I'm not posting pics yet

I just want to let you guys know that I'm still working on this, I've just haven't been doing much on it lately due to being busy. I don't think I'm going to post many updates until I finish it, which wont be for awhile.

Ok, I wasn't planning on updating but I just realized that it's been a looong time since an update and I've gotten a lot of progress done.

A ton of stuff has been mounted in the case-
buttons, screen, controller, speakers, and amp. Everything is wired up. Pics-

Inside-
2011-08-15_21-25-17_446.jpg

Front-
2011-08-15_21-28-58_959.jpg

The controller is wired to the buttons, the amp and speakers work beautifully

Re: Fierce64 Worklog |Update Finally

Very nice! What are the dimensions of the case? Sorry if you already said them :D.

- mymixed

Back