ERPSIDHMSWWRBC: My Robot.

laingsoft

Formerly SteamDNT
It stands for:
Experimental Robotics Platform So I Don't Hurt My Self While Writing Really Bad Code

I'm building a large-er scale robot later on in the year for a Skills Canada competition. I needed something that performs similar, but won't punch holes in the wall/ hurt me or my cat.

So, I grabbed some motors from two older RC cars I had laying around, ripped them out, cut the axles in half and glued them into a case I had from polycase.

The board sitting on top is a motor driver. I send it signals from the arduino, and it outputs to the motor. The battery is a Canon BP-915 that I seem to have a sheetload of.

Right now I am using a spectrum radio to control everything, being the point of the robot was to test out my control code in the real world. (Simulations can only go so far, having to deal with things like motors not behaving properly has taught me quite a bit.

Anyways, Pictures:
This was the planning stage. The case I had was already mutilated, so I stuck the motors in and sized everything up.

Added the battery and the Arduino, wired it up and added wheels.

Another angle of everything.

Close up of the Motor Driver

And the finished product.

All in all, I built this in about 8 Hours. I'm pretty happy with it, and now I know what I need to do for my bigger bot.

Back