Epoxy...not drying after a while?

Jidan

JEEEEEEEEDAN
Hey guys...so I applied epoxy to my case yesterday around 5 pm. With this.

It says the dry color is grey, but it's still the weird yellow-ish as when I put it on. Another 6 hours and it will supposedly be dry...but it's still sticky ish. It's pretty sturdy, but it still moves whenever I try to push it. I'm gonna leave it until it finishes, but it's just taking a lot longer than I expected.

Also, will I die (not really) if I breathe in the fumes a tiny bit too much or if get in on my fingers (but wash it off)?

βeta said:
Stop fidgeting with it. You won't die. Have patience.

I was only fidgeting with it to check on it - I'm gonna wait for it regardless, I just wanna make sure I didn't severely mess up the mixture somehow.

Epoxy doesn't dry. It hardens, that's why it has two parts- one's a hardener catalyst. Did you get the ratio correct?

XCVG said:
Epoxy doesn't dry. It hardens, that's why it has two parts- one's a hardener catalyst. Did you get the ratio correct?

Dry, harden, sorry. But yeah, I did as far as I know - there was only a certain amount of the stuff in the tubes (equal amount of each) and I used all of both. I'm just gonna let it sit for a while :/

This epoxy sets in 20 minutes and dries hard in less than an hour.

You must have done something wrong or it was a bad batch.

:/ Well, do you think that it would work alright if I wore this down a bit and then covered it with bondo and stuff? It's not that soft and it's holding the pieces in place alright, and it definitely won't crack.

Jidan said:
:/ Well, do you think that it would work alright if I wore this down a bit and then covered it with bondo and stuff? It's not that soft and it's holding the pieces in place alright, and it definitely won't crack.

It probably would be fine , but I hate chancing things.

Up to you :)

Alright. Well, I can't exactly turn back now, can I?

I'm gonna wear down the epoxy failure quite a bit so that the bondo actually has something to adhere to. Wish me luck, I'll attempt in about an hour.

Well, according to my dad, even if there's not enough hardener or something, it will harden eventually. SINCE it's been getting harder (just very slowly), I'm going to let it sit for a while until it gets hard. THEN I can sand and apply bondo accordingly. Hopefully I can order my screen and work on the guts in that time.

Back