Emulators on UMPC?

DefectX11

How would they run? I've never tried to install anything, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I'd run them on a Sony UX UMPC. Core solo, GMA 950.

One's for sale, if you want one.

That's such a vague question. Not all UMPCs are the same.
Just try it. More than likely, it will run. It doesn't take much to run a SNES or NES emulator.

use arch run da xbox emu from src n itll run lyk litening liek ur on a cloud of mareo mustache

AfroLH said:
Just try it. More than likely, it will run. It doesn't take much to run a SNES or NES emulator.

Sony UX UMPC. Fairly specific, no?

Mako321 said:
use arch run da xbox emu from src n itll run lyk litening liek ur on a cloud of mareo mustache

wat

But what could it run? N64? PS1?
I know the OpenPandora could run the N64 (laggy), and it had a 600MHz processor. Yes, I shouldn't compare them, but would this UMPC be technically more powerful?
Or am I comparing a PS3 processor to a Core i7 (so to speak)?

You have one, try it out. I would bet PS1 would do fine, and N64 would probably be doable for most games, might need some tweaking.

A PSP running at 333MHz will do a few N64 games almost full speed, you just can't compare. CPU speeds are meaningless between architectures, and emulators for different devices vary in how well they run.

PJ64 runs almost perfectly on almost every UMPC that is currently sold on Ebay. And so does PSXE.

Runs on my Flipstart and on my OQO. And they are 1.1 GHz Intel® Pentium® M Processor/ 512mb Ram and Via C7-M 1.5ghz / 1gb Ram respectively. Not exactly powerhouses.

The Sony UX series had Core Solo processors at 1.06ghz - 1.33ghz and a Core 2 solo at 1.2ghz. All of those would run PJ64 just fine.

Nice. I've been needing to buy an OQO for a while. I've heard the keyboard is much more bearable than the UX, right?

The UX runs a core solo/core 2 solo. It can also run a core 2 duo, if you find someone willing to do the processor swap.

Oh and thanks for the info. I'll go install Linux and run a series of stress tests.

DefectX11 said:
AfroLH said:

Sony UX UMPC. Fairly specific, no?

Your condescension is not appreciated.

I used to run epsxe acceptably on a Toshiba Portege 7200cte. (8 MB graphics chipset, P3 650, 384 MB RAM, XP.) Your Core Solo thing should run circles around that.

You should be able to do PSX and N64 level stuff no problem.

DefectX11 said:
Ah. It's fairly speedy for something its size, even running windows. Thanks for all the info guys!
It's worth pointing out that for game emulation, Windows will run laps around any distro of Linux you slap on that thing.

Back