ebay sniping

Mako321

I like purpale ponies
I wanna know hoew to do it and I wanna know NOW. It's not fair that I wanna get a 30 dollar 8" lcd when some guy that comes later starts using some autobid sniping program to TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME! :cry4: (yes, this is modding in a way)

Get a clock that will do seconds for you.

Wait till there's like 4 minutes left, and wait until the exact four minute mark and see what second the clock is on.

when it gets down to the last minute, put in your bid and click bid. Confirm the bid about ten seconds before the auction ends and hope you win.

Also, with ebay's bid system you can just put in your max bid and it will automatically bid up anyone who puts in a lower max bid so you are the high bidder again.

I wait till the 15 sec mark and put in my max bid.

If I win , I win, If I lose , I lose. Yea for school.

I mean a program that acts within less than a second. I bid, and then when the thing says that you have bidded, it already says that I have been outbidded. by a dollar. These people have programs.

mako321 said:
I mean a program that acts within less than a second. I bid, and then when the thing says that you have bidded, it already says that I have been outbidded. by a dollar. These people have programs.

That is not a program. It's called Proxy bidding and Ebay does it automatically.

They have entered a max bid of say $30. The current bid is $10. When you enter a bid of $20 , Ebay ups their bid to $21 since they have a max bid of $30. When you enter $22 Ebay ups their bid to $23. The only way you become high bidder is if you enter a bid higher than their max bid. You enter $31 and you are now the high bidder.

No, it didn't.
If you weren't willing to pay more than what you put in, and the other guy was, then guess what, YOU WEREN'T GOING TO WIN ANYWAY.

It's not a contest, it's the highest bidder, and if the other guy is willing to pay more then he will win.

You didn't lose a $30 screen because of an auction sniper.
He won it by being willing to pay more for it than you.

THEN PUT IN $110 AS YOUR BID!

It's DEAD SIMPLE. 2o minutes before auction end, put in $110. Say it's at $10 when you put in $110. It will bid it up to $11. Then, when someone else bids, it will automatically bid them up if your max bid is higher than theirs. Then you will be the high bidder again, instantly.

And now you know.

Also, auction sniping programs ARE for "Homosexuals".

If you were willing to pay $110, it wasn't a $30 screen.
If the other guy got it for $70, it wasn't a $30 screen.

Nobody cheated you out of anything.

snowpenguin said:
THEN PUT IN $110 AS YOUR BID!

It's DEAD SIMPLE. 2o minutes before auction end, put in $110. Say it's at $10 when you put in $110. It will bid it up to $11. Then, when someone else bids, it will automatically bid them up if your max bid is higher than theirs. Then you will be the high bidder again, instantly.

And now you know.

Also, auction sniping programs ARE for "Homosexuals".
snowpenguin said:
Wow, that was immature. "Distasteful Homosexuals"?
:lol:

Back