E3 2014 Shenanigans

Seren

Formerly known as thelukestir
Because Microsoft hasn't flax on all of Rare's properties enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhMe1w46UQU

I don't keep up with this stuff nearly as much as I should. But what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* MS. Any other flaxting being done on great IPs so far? Or are any companies actually doing smart things?

Uncharted 4 looks fantastic.
Infamous: Second Son DLC was something I was hoping for... A playable female protagonist in the Infamous universe.
GTA V announcement was good.
LBP 3 is another plus.

MS - They got a decent number of exclusives they showed off. I'm surprised they got Insomniac to make an Xbox One exclusive game, and Scalebound from Platinum Games looks interesting. Other than that, the Master Chief Collection looks really *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing cool, but mainly because I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing loved Halo 2 back in the day.

Sony - Vita TV/PlayStation TV finally coming to the West has me super excited, since I was really close to importing one if they didn't announce anything. They showed off a lot of games with Uncharted sealing the deal at the end.

Nintendo - Nintendo shows off it's huge list of first/second party titles. I think it's safe to say they won in terms of number of exclusives with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda, Smash 4, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Starfox, Hyrule Warriors, Yoshi, Bayonetta 1/2, etc. They're really trying to make the Wii U appealing still, with it taking almost all of their focus this year game-wise. They still won't "win" this generation, but since they're selling refurb Wii U Deluxes w/ Nintendo Land for $200 now, I think it's worth getting if you're excited about the lineup announced.

That's just my first impressions based off the press conferences. There's a lot I still need to read about outside of those, but this year looks like it has a pretty impressive list of games from everyone.

Nintendo is dominating E3, I think. People were a little underwhelmed at first after they forewent a conference for a digital presentation that was only 30 minutes. But then they followed that up with their Treehouse Live where they've been showing off some new IPs. Some were announced at the digital event, and others were saved for the treehouse, and they've been showing off a ton of gameplay to really show off what their games are about.

Besides the names Zero mentioned, they've introduced some new IPs in Splatoons, Giant Robot, and Project Guard.

Splatoons is Nintendo's crazy take on a shooter with squid-people who shoot ink tagging their territory... really need to watch some gameplay (which they've shown a lot of) to get an idea of the silly fun that the game is.

Giant Robot is an interesting robot-fighting game where you have to try to push the opposing robot over while maintaining your own balance, using the Gamepad's motion sensors to control your leaning and shift your center of mass, and the joysticks to move your arms to try to knock the other guy over. The robot is also highly customizable.

Project Guard seems like their take on a tower defense game. You have to defend an onslaught of robots trying to get to the heart of your base and taking out your power or whatever. To do so, you first set up a dozen cameras around your base that you can monitor simultaneously and choose an active one to shoot from. It's a game where someone not actively playing the game can get in on the action because they can look at the TV and help monitor the cameras and call out a camera that has some activity.

edit: I almost forgot about Mario Maker allowing you to create your own Super Mario Bros levels, and you can even switch between classic and NSMB style. I wonder if they'll also add in Super Mario World or SMB3 stuff.

I thought Mario Maker was kinda neat but meh at first, but after seeing the footage from Treehouse it looks really fun.

wallydawg said:
Grim Fandango Remaster omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

On Vita, omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!

Lol when I went to E3 I was walking around a bit I got like 14 people on street pass. when I went to the Nintendo press conference I left with so many. I finished the rest of my puzzles.

Back