DS SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you could ghetto some sort of microSD-to-SD adaptor or maybe buy one. But it would stick out a lot.

Definitely possible, but its pretty pointless. MicroSD cards are dirt cheap and there's no reason to *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up the cart slot like that.

Just get a decently large microsd card, then get an Acekard 2/2i and install AKAIO when you get it. You should have MORE THAN ENOUGH space for games, and that's just if you drag and drop them on the card. If you want to store even more on the same card, there are multiple tools out there that can trim off the garbage data from the games so you save space, although you likely won't even have to bother with that.

There was one terrible *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing card that took standard SD cards, ages ago.

Nowadays, no, all Micro.

If you want, I'd be happy to make a custom one for you.
Pick the type of Flashcart you want (I still recommend AceKard2 over most), and I'll do I nice smexy SD mod, letcha use standard SD cards.
Yes/Yes?

look up R4-Ds its a ds cartridge that accepts micro sd cards and you can run games movies emulators and all of that stuff on it check it out.

MODDEDbyME said:
look up R4-Ds its a ds cartridge that accepts micro sd cards and you can run games movies emulators and all of that stuff on it check it out.
Not what he was asking for...

MODDEDbyME said:

See kids, this is what happens when you don't read the thread.

Regardless, for the love of all things good, DO NOT GET AN R4 GOD Dang IT. Not only is it outdated Chinese crap, but its not even produced anymore afaik. The R4s you see out now are flaxty clones of the original. You might get lucky and get one which is actually improved (or a clone of a better card re-branded as an R4 clone), but its stupid to take that risk when there are so many better choices. People just happen to associate all DS flash carts with R4s, instead of actually researching the subject for like 15 min. Get an AceKard 2/2i with AKAIO, and you won't have to worry about patching your ROMs or any work-arounds to make a new game work, if they work at all on an R4.

Zero said:
MODDEDbyME said:

See kids, this is what happens when you don't read the thread.

Regardless, for the love of all things good, DO NOT GET AN R4 GOD Dang IT. Not only is it outdated Chinese crap, but its not even produced anymore afaik. The R4s you see out now are flux clones of the original. You might get lucky and get one which is actually improved (or a clone of a better card re-branded as an R4 clone), but its stupid to take that risk when there are so many better choices. People just happen to associate all DS flash carts with R4s, instead of actually researching the subject for like 15 min. Get an AceKard 2/2i with AKAIO, and you won't have to worry about patching your ROMs or any work-arounds to make a new game work, if they work at all on an R4.

See kids, this is what happens when you don't read the nearly month old thread abandoned by it's original poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back