Ds/Gameboy color (help)

Hello, I'm new to modding---specifically modding gameboy colors. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to use an original ds (botton) screen as a frontlight for my gameboy color as opposed to a Gameboy sp screen. If so, would you send me a link of said tutorial?

Many thanks---Blue.

To my understanding the lighting on a ds is a backlight so you wouldn't be able to frontlight your gameboy color with it. Your best bet is to just use a broken sp or one in really bad condition. Also just for future reference this is the finished projects section so if you finish a project (like frontlighting a gameboy color) then by all means post it here. But for questions go to the different sections of the forums in order to get them answered. For example this specific question would be best asked in the handhelds section of the forums.

No unfortunately not, The way that Nintendo made the GBC LCD doesn't allow for a backlight, which the DS bottom LCD is. You can front-light it, and the best source is unfortunately SP's. I detail the entire mod in my latest episode of Retro Repair Tips, Here.

Back