Dr._Mobo's first GCp: The Gameboy^3

I got the batteries, protection circuit and smart charger from batteryspace.com. Everything I got was high quality and I would definitely recommend buying from them.

Dr._Mobo said:
I got the batteries, protection circuit and smart charger from batteryspace.com. Everything I got was high quality and I would definitely recommend buying from them.
Thanks a lot! :)
Keep up with your good work :)

UPDATE 6/25 !

Hello Modretro! A lot of progress has been made since my last update. I have began working on the front side of the case but I have only cut the holes and epoxied the pieces in place.
I cut the holes using a scroll Saw:
kXJmCtEl.jpg

I grind it down the sides of the controller using the grinder shown here:
jZpEC6ml.jpg

Everything fit pretty snug in the front side of the case.
4lOw8JMl.jpg

I also did most of the wiring of the GameCube internals. I wired up the SD gecko and installed Swiss autoboot.
qpmSGFEl.jpg

I also wired up an AV out so you can play it on a tv screen, which can be seen next to the wasp fusion SD card slot in this pic:
CKyXuynl.jpg

All I have left is the audio amp but whenever I wired up the potentiometer to my dynex amp, the traces ripped off !
5FaCxZ7l.jpg

Is there anything I can do? I was wiring it up using this diagram by shockslayer I found on bacman's site http://www.bacman.co.uk/home/audio-amps/ and two of the little "chips" fell off. If I can't fix it, is can anyone tell me where to wire the potentiometer on this amp I have? It's from a dollar general bomb speaker
QhKbWrll.jpg

Thx in advance for any help, this all I have left for internal wiring and then I just have to stuff it all in a case! :D

I wouldn't suggest using the amp that you popped the components off of anyway. It has two 'stereo' inputs, but it just mixes them. It's actually mono. The second one you showed might be the same but I haven't seen it before.

About the batteries, I don't think 11.1v is a good idea for that motherboard. The battery pack will charge up to 12.6v and it will be depleted at about 7.8v. That motherboard will shut off around 10.2v, so your batteries will be far from depleted and you will not be able to use probably a third of its battery life. It's okay to get the batteries pretty low on charge because the protection circuit will protect them from over-discharge. You just need to have some indicator that tells you when they're low and turn it off when they get to that point.

Back