Downing's PlayStation 2 Advance Controller

Downing

Well, on the heels of Gman's PS2 portable, here's my PS2 A/V controller, very much similar to the SNES-001 Advance that I did last year.

Alright! The PlayStation 2 Advance is now complete!

This took exactly two weeks to complete to the day which I think was pretty cool, but also because this was made out of things I already had lying around the shop, so shipping time wasn't an issue. The only things I actually bought specifically for this project was the PS2miniDS2 controller board from RDC and a pair of (larger than I thought) lap top speakers.

Like the original Cross Plane, this is just a controller that get's its A/V and Power from a custom Breakout Box. Actually, the exact same Breakout Box that was used but in this case, the controller is dedicated to the PS2 not a multi console unit.

All in all I'm very happy with how this came out and that I finally got to use up some old parts. Next is to finish up my N64p and the commission for the Cross Plane that I took on and am just awaiting parts.

More info can be found at http://downingsbasement.com as I'm too lazy to repost anything else. hehe :)

Weird, I was going to start something just like this soon, for multiple consoles. Probably won't be as good as this, though! Even the pictures look so professional :eek: . That custom layout is cool too, switching up the analog stick positions.

Back