Double Tact Switch Question

Lollipop

Hi guys,

I recently salvaged 6 Li ion cells from a laptop battery. According to the internet they are 2800 mAh. Anyway the problem arises from the fact that I only have 6 cells. In other words I can only wire up 2800mAh if I wire up to 14.8v (I have a rev C and don't have the money to make a custom regulator). However at 11.1v the GC won't work once my voltages drops down to about 10v. Any suggestions?

Thanks

@@@@@
EDIT: Please see last post for updated question.
@@@@@

Re: Advice on Batteries

More batteries, but that would increase size and weight.

Custom reg is your only logic solution I'm afraid. See it this way, it would increase your battery life and make your portable a lot smaller.

Though so... Anyway thanks for you help!

And just to make sure it is ok to have two regulator for 1.9v and 3.3v and at the same time power the screen straight from the batteries right?

I believe it is a 1.9v regulator and a 3.3v regulator. then connected the battery to 12v for sound, it can use 5v-12v for sound. then depending on your screen power it accordingly.

Sounds good.
One more quick question. I understand that the low battery indicator lies "in between" the batteries and the PCB/PCM will that cause any issues during charging?

Thanks,

Oh wait... that totally makes sense haha I for some reason I kept thinking that the pcb also regulated the voltage... and this is after I bought the pcb and regulators as well. I guess I need to get some rest. Thanks for the help.

Hi guys,

I just had a quick question about zenloc's double tact switch shoulder button.
Since the pictures in the guides seem to be down (at least for me) I was wondering what resistor value you need for the tact switches that replace the pots.

Thanks

Back