Do I need a new one? :(

Jewjo

or3tad.jpg

It's not wired up to anything but the charger.

Looks like the lcd ribbon cable is not seated properly. Pull it out , re-seat it , make sure it is straight and try it again :)

I'm messed with the ribbon cable, and it still looks the same. Any new ideas? :\

Might be something under the clip. Blow in it like it's an NES cartridge! :twisted:

But not really, just check.

Kyo: Well, earlier today, I shocked myself while holding it when it was on, and the point on the top of the backside that is labeled "HOT" smelled burned. Ironically, I think that that was the only thing affected, whatever it is. Do you think I need to remove that weird rectangle thing? (My screen is LED modded, so that thing serves no purpose.)

Bentomo: I actually did blow in it. I didn't see anything in the clip, but I'll check again.

You should definitely remove it. Even though it's led modded, the inverter is still drawing power.

bentomo said:
You should definitely remove it. Even though it's led modded, the inverter is still drawing power.
Done. Now it looks like this:

16hvipx.jpg

Smash bros. is inserted, as is an expansion pack. I've wired up the L, R, and V on the screen.

Yeah, but now I think I have a bigger problem. I'm getting glimpses of this picture of some dude who looks like he's wearing shades. He's sitting in the bottom left corner of the screen and flashes on and quickly fades every time I turn on the screen. His shirt appears to have a star or two on it. And in the top left corner of the screen, there's some word and under it is the word "PAUSE" in all caps. Where is this image coming from? I don't have any game in my N64, by the way.

I wasn't able to get a picture of the guy so far, but I got a picture of the PAUSE.
2duz7cx.png

Back