Do dualshock 2s work with the PSone?

Why wouldn't they?

(aka yes, and that answer took a quick google search to find.)

They will. The packaging even says they're compatible with the original PlayStation or PSone. You'll only get standard DualShock functionality from the DS2 on a PS1, though, because that's all they programmed on the PS1.

I see no evidence of pressure sensitive PS2 buttons :/ I'm not convinced they exist for the face buttons nor heard of any software using it.

Please correct me with facts to back it up if I am wrong, it sounds interesting.

You're wrong.

Racing games on the PS2 often utilize pressure sensitivity, I've played more than a few that do.

I have many Playstation controllers with analog buttons.

And I'm selling many of them.

In my for sale thread.

Everyone should check it.

Cough.

snowpenguin said:
You're wrong.

Racing games on the PS2 often utilize pressure sensitivity, I've played more than a few that do.

This. Racing games are the biggest example, but I've played individual games (Ratchet and Clank and Okami, for example) that use the buttons' pressure-sensitivity. For example, if you press whatever button it is that makes you jump, you go a certain height. Press it harder the next time, you jump higher. Softer, not as high.

It's a subtle gameplay detail at best, but it's definitely there.

Most controllers have analog buttons, right? Even the NES, Genesis, TG-16, Game Boy, N64, etc.?

I'm sorry that I don't spend countless hours researching things as trivial as controllers. Enlighten me.

I think you're thinking of analog in terms of analog electronics (discrete components as opposed to microchips). Those buttons are, in functionality, however, digital, as they are only "on" or "off." Analog has the capability of ranging between being fully "off" and fully "on." Think of an analog stick, for example. You can push it all the way forward, or you can push it slightly, and the game reacts accordingly.

...Um, what do you mean?

Examples of their use in-game have been given. How they differ from normal buttons has been given.

J.D, pressure sensitive buttons are Dang RARE, and have in NO cases that I know of been implemented into a standard controller for ANY system, ever.

The longer you hold the jump button in Super Mario Bros, the higher you jump.

That's because you're keeping the button "on." With the Dualshock 2, the games can actually be affected by how hard you press the button, not just how long you hold it down.

I've actually tried that. It does work, but there is so little difference between a little pressure and a lot of pressure that it's pretty much pointless.

jleemero said:
J.D, pressure sensitive buttons are Dang RARE, and have in NO cases that I know of been implemented into a standard controller for ANY system, ever.
PS2 and PS3. (They actually implement it in some good games on the ps3, though)

Back