DMG boot N logo then blank screen

Hi everybody.

I have an old DMG, :rolleyes:

15h1uer.jpg

Video

It works but when I put a game on it, the game does not run.

there is that Nintendo boot logo, but then nothing happens, the screen is just blank...

I have two cartridges that I used to play on a CGB, both works fine.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Are the games you played on the CGB DMG games? also, you really dont need to use [size]

Try blowing on both the cart and into the cart slot. That is the main trick for getting games to work (if only it was that easy nowadays) If that doesn't help, I will need more info to help diagnose the problem

samjc3 said:
Are the games you played on the CGB DMG games? also, you really dont need to use [size]

yes, they are game and watch 2 and pokemon pinball. I have another DMG and the games works fine.

sorry for the size :sweat:

Can you open it up and take a look inside? There could be something in the cart contacts that's not making good connection, or there might be some other obvious problem. The carts are probably clean enough, since they looked fine on the first DMG.

Soak the cart pins in alcohol using a q-tip.
The put the cart in the GB while still wet. No put it in and out about 50 times.
If you need to dry it out. Then try to play it.
It has something to do with your cart slot because the nintendo logo is a bootstrap to the CPU on the GB itself.
You may just want to replace the back board if nothing else works.

Ishmael1010 said:
Try blowing on both the cart and into the cart slot. That is the main trick for getting games to work (if only it was that easy nowadays) If that doesn't help, I will need more info to help diagnose the problem

Ish the DMG doctor :awesomeish:

Back