Dingoo A380 review.

PandaRiver

Dingoo A380 Review

LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY TYPOS OR FIXES FOR ANY PROBELS I'VE MENTIONED. This review is A WIP. Haters gonna hate.
Colors and such:
Blue=FANTABUOLUS.
Green=Good.
Yellow=Meh.
Red=Y U SUCK SO MUCH?! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Brown= Dear GOD.....
Firmware:
Have been playing with this little gadget I picked up from Extronics Mart on eBay (official re-seller) so I'll start off with the specs
Only one unless you use SONIC's sorta hacked firmware. Have Noticed a fow bugs. Let me know if anyone else is expirencing them.
1. Can't save any changes I make such as, BG font color ECT. PLEASE HELP ON THIS IT IS ANNOYING.
Will update progressively.

Specs:
This http://dingoo-digital-usa.com/product.sc?productId=52&categoryId=5 page has technical specs and such. Don't want to copy straight from and infringe on SOME copyright laws.
Lastly the "CUSTOM" Dingux limits the capeabilitys of the A380 in many ways.

Emulators:
Won't be in any specific order being I havn't tried them all. Will update progressively.
GB&GBC (use same emu.): GOOD:I would mark Blue but the emu is overclocked for some strange reason making it sometimes hard to play
SNES: MEH: Reason being is that in the menu for control config, There isn't L and R instead there is Auto B and A? If anyone has a fix it would be much appreciated. :)
NES:GOOD: I would mark this blue if some games wern't so lagy.
MAME:FANTABUOLOUS: I marked this blue because emulation is SUPERB. 'NUFF SAID. one complaint though is that the game keeps going when you pause it making it causing you to sometimes lose.
GBA:Good:Runs almost perfectly althought a little lag.
PSX:Meh: It's good but can lag, No sound, Menu's not to inviting.

Battery and Charging:
Battery life:Good: I have no problems with it. But dosn't last SUPER long.
Charging:Red: Becuase although the charging brick looks very promising and oddly "Familiar" It is VERY faulty I personally suggest using an Apple wall to USB brick. But my only things is that it dosn't take very long to charge and it automatically stops charging once it's done. (NO FIRES! YAYYAY!)

Connections:
Computer mode: MEH: reason being that the system goes into a basic lock up mode while plugged in at ANY time and you Can't acces the Dingux system files without taking it part (Can be a very long procedure.)
Connecting to other consoles: Possibly TBA.
Connecting with controllers: Possibly TBA. Wii-motes don't work.
AHHH YES. Don't forget the dissapointing TV output: I'm sorry but IMO it sucks. Reasons being are,
1. Menus for emus make a repetitive beep in menus.
2. Menus for emus also sometimes jack up and options become random pixles everywhere on the screen.
3. When playing games on the tv sometimes buttons stop working.
4. The wire itself can be faulty.

Buetonz:
Over all set-up and clicking:Blue: I love the set-up of the controls very nice! No buttons have to be "Broken in" All very clicky and responsive. Nothing bad to say here.

Misc./Dingux menu such and such:
Mic: Blue: Actually, Suprisingly A very good mic.
File Browser: Good: It browses files. What else? Kinda odd though, even files it can use and knows what they are it still has the extension...
Radio: Connect to headset?
Ebook: TBA. But the TXT reader is good.
Applet: Good, but, Calculator is very cut and paste looking and even has the black linux arrow when choosing number. But, Alas, it calculates.
Stopwatch:Good:WHY BUY ONE AT WALMART FOR 30$???????
Pictures: TBA. But it is supposed to be pretty good.
Video: TBA. But AshenS said it got choppy progressively.
Music Player: Plays MP3's pretty well. No probelems here.
System: Good: but can ba a little screwy.

Screen:
Quality:Pretty Average.
Viewing angle:I MEAN.... WHY???? There is pretty much only one viewing angle for this thing and even it can look weird at times.

Overall:
Over all I'd give this thing an 8/10. Definatly feel as if I got the best bang for my buck. Highly recomended.If you want full dingux and you can install it without bricking than I'd maybe say get the A320 but if your new (LIKE ME :) ) Get this. BTW, Is 2.001 the latest firmware for this thing? If not can I get a link?

Back