Digital L/R trigger help

Hi first time posting but have been on the forums for awhile,

I've been building a GCp over the past couple months and everything's been going well until I tried wiring the L/R triggers using the double tact method (mushy on top of tact). (Using Ashen's controller pinout notes/trimming guide) the way I have it wired up is: L/R "Trigger" dataline on controller chip > mushy tact > 10k resistor > GC ground. I tested this setup on SSBM and when I press the mushy tact the shield in the game activates only for a split second. I have most of the other buttons wired up and working fine (analog sticks, D-pad, A, B) and everything seemed fine when I tested connectivity with my multimeter.

Things I've tried so far: I don't know if this matters but I first used wrapping wire (30 AWG I think) 5 inches long. The weird thing is that when I touch the wire with my finger the shield activates in SSBM but pressing the mushy tact doesn't work. I replaced the wrapping wire with 22 AWG wire after that but same results. Replacing the resistor with the original sliding potentiometer that was on the controller didn't do anything as well.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for any help in advanced :D

the resistor goes between the data line and ground, and on the dataline side of the resistor gets soldered to the button, 3.3v should be on the other side of the switch.

if you need me to draw it out let me know and i maybe able to get around to it.

Hm...I wired the R/L slider data line to 3.3v with no resistor and the R/L 'click' pin to ground and the whole setup seems to work fine. Is there any way I can test whether the click is working? In SSBM it sort of speeds up the shrinking of the shield but not really sure if this is a reliable way to tell whether it's working or not.

Back