DId i fry the board???

MODDEDbyME

OK so i was working on the ZN - 64 portable (i finnally got a name for it! :mrgreen: ) and while i was relocating the cartridge slot i rewired the light and when i plugged it in and switched the system on it worked. so i did this many times and it worked but the sodering job was really crappy so i re-did it and it worked i tried it a couple times ... it still worked but then after i was almost finished rewiring the cart slot i tried it and it didn't turn on... Did i fry the board :sweat:

If you let one wire touch another, chances are, you did. I fried 3 of my boards before I got it right. Dont give up!

No, your mobo is probably fine. You probably just shorted one of the 3.3 volt pins from the cart slot to ground. If you fix it, the board will probably work, as long as you didn't damage the power supply. Believe me, it's not that easy to fry a board, you can mess up a lot, but as long as you fix your mistake, the board will be fine, usually. Also, that LED doesn't necessarily mean that the board will work, it just means that to board is receiving 3.3 volts.

Just saying, you could use grammar and punctuation to make your post easier to read so that we understand what you are trying to ask.

Back