DAtNWT64 (dangit all the names were taken 64) worklog

zharrhen

I'm going to make a n64 portable. I already have all of the required parts.

The zhartendo 64 will have a... "unique" look. It will have the origional 3 handles and every button. I haven't decided how to paint it yet, I was thinking purple and yellow.

So far, here are the specs:
-----------------------
hardware

Sony PS1 screen NTSC version with speakers
only 1 player slot :mrgreen:
plugs into wall for power because I'm too lazy to add batteries
Expansion pack
Memory/ rumble pack

other

Frankencase made of a plano large fly box, psone screen, and n64 controller.
Zhartendo logo beneath screen

If I end up with a controller with a retarded analog stick, I'll replace it, but I am using the origional controller.

Zhartendo%2064.jpg

Re: The Z64 *worklog*

W00gala said:
Wait what? :confused:

Are you canceling your other or not?
No, I am not canceling my other project, I'm just waiting on batteries for it and it could take up to two and a half more weeks for them to arrive. And since that is all I need, I'll be done with it when I hook them up. But for now, since I have the parts, I'm making this.

Plus I'm a huge multi-tasker :mrgreen:

UPDATE: No audio amp. I finally got the speakers to work on my psone screen. Also, Here is a diagram of what it should look like when I'm done.

Sorry, It's a little big.

Z64%20Diagram.png

UPDATE: Started the case, looks ugly at the moment. does anybody know of a quick drying (12 hours or less) solution to bond my case together with? Also it's going to look a little different than the diagram because I realized how much easier it would be with two minor tweaks.

I still don't have enough money for the n64 yet :( .

Just curious, how can you plan to build a portable if you can't even afford the console itself?

You should probably have plenty of moneys to fall back on.

Sly said:
Just curious, how can you plan to build a portable if you can't even afford the console itself?
I have every part EXCEPT the console. I was expecting it to be cheaper. $10 dollars more and I can get the console.

The Z64 *worklog*

A non-24 hour drying bonding solution? Gee I wonder about 15 minute epoxy, 30 minute epoxy, 4-hour epoxy and any other number of epoxies in the world. Check at you hardware stores and dollar stores for some.

superben51 said:
A non-24 hour drying bonding solution? Gee I wonder about 15 minute , 30 minute epoxy, 4-hour epoxy and any other number of epoxies in the world. Check at you hardware stores and dollar stores for some.
I meant something strong like abs cement, which I'm going to use once it's ready in 2 days.

Update: My psone screen got fried, but now we know what happens when you wire the positive line to the negative line by accident. Anyways, I'm going to have to use a new screen. I'm going to use a zenith screen. Also, I got the thing I'm putting the n64 into, and there is now a new design to the Z64 with new specs.

New Design:

Z64%20V2.png

Dang that looks top heavy.

New Specs:

Zenith screen
all 4 player slots because I have the room now
Uses the universal battery hermaphrodites is making for me
Expansion pack
Rumble pack with memory

Case made of a Project box from amazon, the zenith screen casing, n64 controller shell, and some ABS cement.

Why is there a big hole between the screen and the rest of the case? That looks like space to use for other components :)

WatsuG said:
Why is there a big hole between the screen and the rest of the case? That looks like space to use for other components :)

Well, I was going to add a hinge there and make it so I could adjust the screen's angle. And everything already fits into the case holding the N64.

Back