Darker Video signal

PSIDuck

when i start the gc its all much darker as usuall and i dont know how to fix it. adjusting the pot wont help. i trimmed the motherboard. Maybe i have not enough ground for the av output? any tips or something? or isnt the pot working?

Ampz said:
Do you have any images?

i can do some for you. Want to see the wiring or the signal at tv? pics from the wiring will be hard, because i glued it. The image is just darker as usuall, there is nothing you could see in a pic. but turning the pot causes this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBCY3Wi_Li4 . btw the screen gives no signal when it is darker, but i guess the screen is broken. but the tv isnt. the image freaks out but normal colours and a signal from screen OR darker colours no freaking out but no signal from screen

Thelast image shows good quality on the bottom closeup picture.
Is it so that the image is darker only on the tv and brighter on the LCD?

When feeding a video signal from one source to multiple devices at the same time one ore more input devices can show darker image because of the low feed.

Try disconnecting one screen and observe the quality on the connected one. Switch this method between the two screens and determine if one or both are broken or if it worked.

Can you provide a picture of the AV chip? I have a feeling you cut off a certain resistor.

21c78z4.jpg

This isn't a good picture, I did not take it. It's that resistor I tried to circle. You need it.

@Bakuku
You understood something wrong. The last picture was taken from an emulator from my pc. The screen i use for the gc isnt turning on, because it only gets 10v

@Blargman91 i will make a picture today

Edit: here it is, sorry for bad focus bzt its on the mainboard and isnt cut off http://imgur.com/WwHNHjV. I charge the battery completly now, maybe this is causing it. it only gives 10.36V atm. If this doesnt help i do what bakuku said and remove one screen and try it out at the tv. btw is it normally the V gets lower when the battery power gets lower?

You may want to try using more ground wire between the regulator and the motherboard. 10.36v is also close to the 10.2v cutoff point so just try using the original power supply.

PSIDuck said:
is it normally the V gets lower when the battery power gets lower?
Yes, voltage will lower as the battery is depleted.

is it also possible that the screen isnt turning on because of the low voltage? and that the tv outputs a darker image? it also seems that the battery is capped to 10.36V... when i plug the batteries in the wall they battery should output 12v like it normally would. at the beginning it did but i noticed that it is 10.36V now. i will try this with 12v out. but i dont have the stock power supply can i use this one? http://imgur.com/EKjezkn

i plugged the power supply in and checked the voltage and its 15.5V i guess i cant use this one. i ordered a stock gc power supply. i think this screen isnt working below 12v because the only thing is happening is a flicker. i only see parts from the gc logo for 1 frame and then it shuts off again

The Gc can actually go up to about 20v and mabye even more so I don't think a 15.5v power supply should be bad.

Ampz said:
The Gc can actually go up to about 20v and mabye even more so I don't think a 15.5v power supply should be bad.
Yes, that power supply is still fine to use.

The only time I ever saw that kind of flicker was when using an incompatible VGA signal, but you're using composite video so I don't know why it would be incompatible. It might be possible that it does not accept the PAL video signal. Is there maybe a menu option to select PAL video input?

i cant access the menu from the screen because it isnt getting enough v. it isnt turning on. its just like on, off, on, off like in the youtube video i sent. i tried the power supply. i plugged it in but it didnt work. the red LED from the memory card wasnt turning on but the fan was spinning. because of the led i was scared and i plugged it out again. the gc can get more than 12v but my screen cant get more than 12 i guess so i will just wait til my original power supply arrives

Are you sure your screen can't get more than 12v? I haven't seen one that can't. Unless it's one of those complex displays.

i dont know for sure no infos about it on ebay and im afraid to try it. but why only the fan was spinning when i turn it on with 15v? the wiikey didnt flash blue and the memory card wasnt flashing red like it would usual. should i try again?

You could have had the wrong polarity. The fan would still spin but nothing else would turn on. If that's what you did then you may have caused some damage.

Back