Dark Souls II

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
So Dark Souls II comes out in 3 days. I've got it preordered and I'm so *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing ready to start it.

Anybody else getting this when it comes out?

I heard it's basically the best game ever made.

I'd still be weary before hearing a good amount of feedback from a decent amount of other players, especially considering all the dewrito reviewers out there these days.

I've never even played Dark Souls I, game just totally passed me by.

Hope a nice sale comes along and lets pick me the first one up cheap to see what i've been missing.

I've a friend who's really into Dark Souls.
1075646_208427882646696_1908641026_n.jpg

And he made this (and is finishing up the rest of the armor and such) for the release of Dark Souls 2.
1459976_252219711600846_2017939190_n.jpg

I have Dark Souls, but it won't even boot on my computer, and I haven't been arsed to investigate past that. I heard it's grand though, from many places, and if the second has a proper PC version maybe I'll get it.

Reviews pretty much say that the game is better than dark souls, but the hit detection is worse, which can cause many an uncalled death.

I'm almost done with Dark Souls 2, and I have to say that it's at least as good as Dark Souls (which is a solid 9.5). I'd probably say that it's like a 9.7.

The gameplay is a lot more balanced in DS2. Almost any build is fun and viable to use. The enemy AI is fantastic usually. It's a bit more accessible than DS, but it's by no means easier. The pacing is a little bit weird (lots of really small sections and really large sections) and bosses don't really get that much harder as you go along. Online is fantastic. Co-Op is fun as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. The atmosphere is more "open" and seems more natural than DS. The story is a bit less dense than DS.

Overall, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes Dark Souls, action-adventure games like Legend of Zelda and the like, and a challenge.

Story wise, how related is it to Dark Souls? Could you play them in any order?

Zero said:
Story wise, how related is it to Dark Souls? Could you play them in any order?

Well, the Lore is connected. But the story isn't directly connected. And you could play them in any order. There are just subtle references to DS1

Back