Custom Xbox 360 with built in 8.9" LED Screen

lexxion83

I have been working on this for a some time now. It is fully complete. Quick specs:

1. Custom painted 120GB Xbox 360 Elite with Wireless N Adapter
2. 8.9" LED 1024x600 LCD Screen with VGA controller board
3. Logitech Z205 laptop speakers (Full Range Speakers) about 2 Watts each.
4. Custom spray paint: Rustoleum Painter's Touch Glossy White and Key Lime (Green)
5. Switch for enabling the VGA
6. Switch for picking build-in speakers or headphones
7. Headphones output has 100 ohm 1Watt resistors for L/R channels
8. RGB coaxial cable used for VGA wiring (shielded wires) so no interference etc.
9. Custom painted Xbox 360 wireless controller
10. LCD housing build with modeling wood
11. QuikWood used as wood filler

Comments:

Everything inside is stock. I only have wires running to the parts outside. As you can see all stock vents are still there. Very nice and clean inside. Putting the screen inside would require a lot of mods to the cooling system so I made outside housing for LCD, speakers and audio amp. Beneath the right speaker is the audio amp and beneath the left speaker is the vga controller board. Audio amp gets the power from VGA controller board (5V). Main power (12V) is provided directly by power input pins. The rest is provided by your standard video/output pins on Xbox 360's motherboard. You can use all video outputs on the back as usual. The Xbox 360 was NEVER modded in any way and I plan to keep it that way.

Videos:

Part 1: Overview

Part 2: Gameplay

Pictures:

DSC_1.jpg

DSC_2.jpg

DSC_3.jpg

DSC_4.jpg

DSC_5.jpg

DSC_6.jpg

DSC_7.jpg

DSC_8.jpg

DSC_9.jpg

DSC_10.jpg

DSC_11.jpg

DSC_12.jpg

DSC_13.jpg

DSC_14.jpg

DSC_15.jpg

DSC_16.jpg

Video coming soon :)

Thank you all for nice comments :).

To grossaffe:

The ventilation is all stock. NONE of the original vents were modified/covered. One thing I want to point out is that Xbox 360 motherboard (only have Fat one) has about 3mm clearance between mounting metal back plate and motherboard. There is about 5-7mm open space between back fans and motherboard. That is where I ran my wires.

I ran the thing for about 3 hours straight and no extra heat :).

The amp is small and the vga controller does not get hot. I use LED screen so the heat and power consumption is very low. It did not even get warm.

Overall I like the way this came out.

Sam may not like the colors, but I think they're incredible.

Very clean mod. I approve.

I like it a lot. The color scheme is interesting, but it's better than the standard black or white of every modern console.

I saw "8,9" and I was thinking "Wow, that's pretty small" but i was pleasantly surprised.
Nice mod, looks clean.

I like the color scheme as well. I like the concept of it. I never liked standing my 360 up on end though.

Back