Custom Xbox 360 Slim with 10.1 inch HD Screen

lexxion83

Features:

1. Custom case (2mm ABS plastic sheets)
2. 10.1 LED HD Screen (90 degree viewing angle @ 1280x800) 720p
3. 250GB Harddrive (Custom door)
4. 2 Usb ports (Front custom access door)
5. VGA Enable switch
6. Switch for External audio 3.5mm jack or built in speakers (1Watt x 1Watt)
7. Tactile switches for Power, Tray Open/Close, Sync buttons
8. Tactile switches for LCD Screen control

Overview:

So I wanted to create something other than a Xbox 360 laptop that can be pretty portable and I could keep it with my entertainment center. This is the result. It is pretty much the size of the original Xbox 360 Slim. It might be a little thicker but it is shorter in depth. The screen is very nice as it is used in tablets. The thickness is about 3mm. The color scheme is pretty simple, black and white: semi-gloss black and glossy white. I created custom access door for the front usb ports. You lift it up and the 2 ports show. Custom door for internal hard drive. I extended the power, tray open/close, and sync buttons from RF board.

The vga lcd controller board is pretty awseome. It is very small and accepts VGA and Audio so no need for external audio amplifier.
Only basic tools where used to create this project including: cordless drill, dremel tool, filers, soldering iron, glue gun.

The heat dissipation is great. I manually drilled hundreds of vent holes. I played DVD movies for 3 hours and not a single hiccup.

Overall, I am very happy how the system came out.

Video:

Pictures:

DSC_0200.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0201.JPG

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

I really like your 360 mod. But I think one thing that would make it thinner would be to remove the disc drive and rgh that xbox so you can load from the drive. That could make it slimmer that the slim even with the screen.

Video of overview and gameplay updated in original post.

Enjoy.

To DuHasst0:

The extra height was needed for the speakers as they are thick. I wanted to keep it stock. It is still shorter than Slim but a little bit thicker.

Back