CRT vs LCD

Basement_Modder said:
grossaffe said:
Visio LCD TV's are a good combination of quality and value.

They came out of nowhere and conquered the TV market.
pretty much. I think we have 3 Visio's and are gonna get a 4th, and my brother has a Visio at his house.

Technically, it's spelled "Vizio."

Can you tell me how good they are for gaming? I've been seriously considering getting one.

Twilight Wolf said:
Technically, it's spelled "Vizio."

Can you tell me how good they are for gaming? I've been seriously considering getting one.
Well none of the ones in my house are hooked up to a game system, but the one at my brother's house is hooked up to his PS3. He's only got Madden, GTA IV, and some downloadable racing game. But, from my experience I'd say I didn't notice anything wrong with the picture or any lag issues, so I think it would make for a great gaming display if you have the means to get one.

The 32" Samsung I have looks amazing. I find myself hooking up my PC to it via HDMI a lot to play UT3 and Fallout 3. It has 120 Hz refresh rate and is obviously 1080p. 360 looks nice too, and XBMC on my Xbox looks great. I thought 360 looked nice at 1280x1024 on my PC Monitor, but...it's so much better on my kickass TV.

The best part is, I have the whole TV to myself!

I like my LCD monitors. Less space less power. But for a TV with a game system I always want CRT. Im a lightgun junkie.

nope, they can't be used on lcd screens. besides, if you tried to use one on a portable you would look like a tard.

I prefer crt. the only downside is the fact that when a dumb friend comes over and pays with rare metal earth magnets, you're screwed.

I was a CRT fanatic until I bought an LCD. I should have bought an LCD TV too, but I was too myopic to do so.

Back