Crazy's Xbox 360 Pinout Guide

Crazy Inventor

First off I've never done a guide before so bare with me. This is a guide for new members who have never looked for a pinout before.

So you want to make an xbox 360 laptop or do a VGA mod for your console, but don't know how to or what pins are what. Well this guide is going to tell you.

first off you'll need your monitor's driver board.
This isn't mine borrowed from engadet. Pins 5-10 are ground and N/C means no connection.
driverb1_engadget_howto.jpg

Ignore the DVI port, we're only worried about the VGA.
Using this picture(below), desolder your VGA port and line up the picture with the pins.
vga_pinout.jpg

Now move onto your Xbox's motherboard.
Unfortunately I can't find a specific picture of the pins on the motherboard. If someone here has a pic or wants to take one send me a link and I'll update this.

Anyway, when you open your xbox and find the A/V port the pins should be labeled(not all but most).
Using this pic(below) solder your stripped VGA Cable to the corresponding pins.
wiring3_engadget_howto.jpg

So in the VGA cable there should be four wires(red, blue, green, and ground). Your going to want to solder red to pin 3 on the xbox and pin 1 ont the PC, blue to pin 8 on the xbox and pin 3 on the PC, green to pin 4 on the xbox and pin 2 on the PC, and ground to either one of those GND pins on both boards. Though I recommend you solder a few ground wires so nothing is going to be messed up.

If your using just VGA then solder a wire between ground and pin 20 (which is use VGA). If You could also solder a switch so you could have VGA and A/V out then follow this picture I made, the black box on top is the slider.
Groundingswitch.jpg

Then you'll need to solder H-Sync and V-Sync. They should be either white or blue colored shielded wire. V-Sync is pin 12 on the xbox and pin 14 on the driver board. H-Sync is pin 11 on the xbox and pin 13 on the driver board.

Once everything is solder go ahead and test it. If there's problems post them or PM me and I'll start a troubleshooting part of this thread.

Back