Converting a normal tact to "normally closed"

bentomo

Frequent Poster
So for your wiikeys, it's hard to come by a normally closed long tact, which are perfect for wiikeys IMHO. This circuit uses 2 transistors and 2 npn transistors. I've personally tested this one, works great.

wiikeybutton.png

Note that it's hit or miss with the method, I tried it on another gamecube and I can't seem to get it to work.

You only need one transistor, a NOT gate on the output of the tact before the Wiikey.

Normally closed tacts are about as hard to come by as those parts in the diagram. Just an order on ebay away. In fact its probably easier to find the normally closed tacts online instead of looking for those parts. NIce job though.

This is pretty neat, I remember talking to bentomo about it awhile back.

My suggestion for WKF buttons though? Tear apart an old mouse. Or find one. You can get 2-3 perfect WKF buttons that way! :awesomemrL:

SS

Oh, I didn't see that part of the first post. What I did was super glued a button to the button part of the switch (you can just take off the metal part). It works great actually.

ShockSlayer said:
Seem to work great for me; also how does the 1.9v fix work for this diagram?

SS
If you're not talking about the circuit then what works well for you?

So most mouse buttons are normally closed?

I was saying I didn't like them because most mouse buttons I've seen are big and bulky.

Back