Controller Issues

wesley762

Hello everyone my previous questions are solved..
the nintendo is almost done but i still do have 1 problem i Really need some help on.

on Diddy kong racing the controls are fine.
BUT in goldeneye it starts auto aiming and jittering..... SOME button is being pressed.
im using a Makopad64 and am looking for a way to completly Disable the D Pad as i think this is causing the issue... as i have no other explaination since Diddy Kong Racing doesn't use a D-pad.

so could this be a grounding issue ?

ok so i checked EVERYTHING and unhooked it all and re wired it....
it basicly comes to this :

Makopad64 on Normal N64 (attached to TV) NO PROBLEMS.
Normal Controller attatched to Portable 64... NO PROBLEMS..

BUT Makopad64 ON portable = random buttons being pressed and system acting on his own.

could any expert or w/e please shed Some light on this...
its the Only thing left thats keeping my Portable N64 from being Done...
also note that this is only in games like Goldeneye/Super smash bros etc

Diddy Kong Racing still no issues.
your help would be Much appriciated.

You've got bridging. Something somewhere is touching and making contact that shouldn't be. You can start undoing your controller wiring piece by piece until you find the problem, or you can just rip it all out and start over. I'd go with the latter and pay extra careful attention so that you know everything is wired correctly.

It's more than likely not button wiring, it's probably something on the controller PCB itself that is messed up.

Yes that's exactly what i was afraid off D:
But well turns out the L trigger Tact Switch was Malfunctioning and always making contact...
That also explains why he worked fine on Diddy Kong Racing.. as it does not use the L button at all.

well after that issue solved the nintendo is almost done !
il be posting some pictures soon if thats ok and show-off my first N64P :p
here is a WIP video though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddWeYTB7NiU

PS is a Low Battery Led hard to make ?

Thanks for that forward SuperSonic,

it seems though i cannot find any pre-made indicators for my 64p as like in the range of 7.2 - 8.4V.. and i looked at the schematic and im afraid my electronics knowledge is still to noobish :p

i am considering picking up Electronics for dummies.
for now il just guess when its almost out. the screen gives me a hint anyway as the quality gets worse when voltage is to low. also the charger i used and build in does let me know when they are full or not.

The 64p is done now and working perfectly, on the horizon will be a GC Portable but for now il enjoy my first creation :p

Kind Regards,
Wesley762

Back