Controller isnt working? [Gamecube]

Danaerus

Hi, I've been stalking around in these forums and I finally decided to make a gamecube portable. Alright, the problem that I have is that when i plug in the controller ports into my gc mobo none of the controller ports work EXCEPT the player 3 port. This problem started to happen after i decided to remove the ports that were at the bottom of the gamecube originally. I didnt break/crack/scratch anything on the mobo as far as I know. But If anyone knows a solution, that would be fantastic. :mrgreen:
Thanks!

Re: Controller isnt working?

The top of my mobo
IMG_4494_zpsc6947a70.jpg

The bottom of my mobo, where I removed the ports from the bottom of the gc
IMG_4498_zps301867a5.jpg

The port where only 3rd player works for some reason :confused:
IMG_4499_zpsda1c31f0.jpg

The bottom of the board with the ports
IMG_4500_zps8c34e3cc.jpg

My eyes is bleeding, but from what I can see, these boards looks intact.
Maybe you could damaged the controller transistors somehow. (Look at Ashen's trimming guide)
You removed these ports with a proper desoldering iron, right?

Yeah, I'm sorry for me lacking a good camera :\
What I did was I got the pliers and removed the ports by doing the method where you tilt it back in forth until the port came out.
This is what I did/followed
file.php

Then did this...
file.php

Though I have a question, Do you have to remove the solder from the holes for where the pins were inside the port? Like should it be clean, or does that picture just illustrate that the pins should be unbent. From what I see in Ashens guide there is still solder in the holes.

Well, my board does power on, and the LED on the controller ports board turns on. So it is getting sufficient power I assume.

So no one has any idea what It could be that it is making my players 1,2,and 4 ports not work. Though the 3rd player works? I mean, I'm just trying to find out if its the board that doesn't work, or if its my mobo that became defective... So that I can be sure that when i wire it directly to the onboard controller in the gamecube portable it will work, so i don't waste my time wiring a defective mobo :confused:

Back