Component to proprietary adapters (8-Pin) L8006/L8008 LCD's

rizz768

I've been wanting to find a Component to proprietary cable for my 8" TFT LCD that is on the way so I can play my Gamecube games with progressive scan using my Wii, it appears to be some sort of 8-pin proprietary connection, that supports VGA/YPbPr.

I've found adapters for the 7 and 9 pin connectors (most of them are just S-video, I even have a few lying around the house) but can't for the life of me find an 8-pin, has anyone seen these before?

Have since found the cable I need after days and hours of searching, found on a Chinese wholesale website, will update this post if it works.

EDIT: The cable works perfectly! :awesome:

Gi6CSag.jpg

R8gx9lQ.jpg

fiQhGDA.jpg

More info on obtaining this cable can be found on page two of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11018&start=12

The LCD didn't come with any sort of stand, and the viewing angle is very poor, so I found something around the house I could use as a makeshift stand for now, these pictures don't really do it justice, the picture is beautiful.

Old stuff mentioned in this post so replies make sense:

- Was originally searching for an S-video cable, but have since discovered it was in fact a proprietary port, as S-video does not support progressive scan.

Re: Component to S-Video adapters (8-Pin)

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish here. S-video is interlaced just as composite is, it just has separate Chroma and Luma.

Edit: Learned progressive scan is impossible through S-video, boo.

S-Video doesn't support progressive scan though. I've only ever seen 4 Pin S-Video.

You're right, been doing a little more reading, for some reason I thought component cables could support progressive scan in any sense, through S-video or standard YPbPr, I'm disappointed now, was looking forward to getting the best possible picture on this thing.

What I find funny now, is this LCD comes with a free S-video to VGA adapter, claiming this thing is a suitable computer monitor, who would want to use an interlaced screen for a PC? -.-

Well, if you want to plug an S-Video device in, you use the adapter.
If you want to plug in a VGA device (IE: PC) then you remove the adapter and plug in the PC.
S-Video would be better than composite.

99% chance that VGA cable feeds the screen straight VGA and does no conversion whatsoever. The only reason its an s-video style connector is to save space on the screen/make you buy expensive adapters. It might be able to take component with the right cable.

wkCfr.jpg

This is what it shows for input labels on the site, the YPbPr being there had me wondering, why would they put that there if using component through s-video would be interlaced the same as composite? maybe there is still a small upgrade in picture with this method? not sure.

That isn't S-Video, it's a (proprietary, maybe?) compacted component connector. You'll need to use their dongle unless you want to hardwire it.

basically, the standard S-video cable is a 4-pin configuration with Luma, Chroma, and two ground pins. However, there are a bunch of non-standard configurations that add pins to support other features like YPbPr and YCbCr. I believe nVidia and ATI each have their own standards in that regard. Anyways, if you want to get progressive scan out of an NTSC gamecube, you need the proprietary component cables.

Is that on one of those eBay 8" monitors?

It doesn't take S-video at all to the best of my knowledge. It's a proprietary port for VGA and YPbPr(component). The monitor should have come with a cable for VGA- you can try searching eBay for a YPbPr cable. It might be possible to connect component video via a component-VGA adapter depending on how it's wired. I'm thinking it should support progressive scan since it can do 640x480 VGA, but no guarantees.

I found that this TFT LCD I bought (L8008), and others similar to it have full support for YPbPr, so it is definitely possible for progressive scan, however, after doing hours of searching, none of the bundles came packaged with the cable I need (this LCD comes in 2 different cardboard boxes, both don't have a company name, so I couldn't ask them directly where I could obtain one) which also means I bought the LCD from a resale, not the actual company.

*a few more days of searching ensues*

I found a cable that I'm confident will work, the lack of audio inputs is fine, as I'll be running audio to a separate headphone adapter, or through the standard composite inputs. http://www.smalltao.com/product/1506050 ... put%20line

I saw the LCD on YouTube with the same model number as shown it's compatible with, and it had the same 8-pin input on the back, worth the $4.55 risk. Will update the main post when it arrives, hopefully others down the road will find this thread through google searches and have a simple solution available to them. :awesome:

Back