Commission for Gintoki - GameCube Fusion Rev. 2

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
Been working out a commission for a few weeks with a member of the GC Forever forums. It's pretty much nailed down now so I figured I'd post a worklog for him to check my progress and keep him updated.

Unit will be based on the Revolution, which originally the case was supposed to be for the Fusion Rev 2 anyway. So this will look pretty familiar to all of the regulars here. I'm going to rework the inner layout of the unit a bit to buy myself a bit more working room, and not have so much wasted space up by the L/R triggers.

I've got quite a bit of casework done so far, should be ready for painting by the end of this week. Will give it lots of drying time hopefully as I've got to order a bunch of the electronics stuff and wait for that to come in.

Pics so far:

Case Front, pretty much done. Everything is frankencased in with a few coats of primer over top and sanded to make sure things look nice and smooth:
DSCN1357.jpg

Back of case, about 50% done so far:
DSCN1354.jpg

DSCN1355.jpg

Motherboard is trimmed and ready to be wired, Wiikey FFC is wired and ready to go:
DSCN1358.jpg

Heatsink is trimmed, ready to mount fan:
DSCN1356.jpg

Overall I'd say that right at the moment the unit is about 40% complete. We all know by now the hardest part for me is getting the case right, so once thats done this shouldnt take very much time at all to get to 100%. Hopefully it can be done in around a month or so. May be wishful thinking.

You just manufacture portable gamecubes don't you? And I'm not even done with my first one. :rolleyes:

bentomo said:
You just manufacture portable gamecubes don't you? And I'm not even done with my first one. :rolleyes:
Ashen is the new ShockSlayer. 'Cept everything's pretty.

I'M NOT WANTED ANYMORE
Glenn_beck_retarded_crying.png

ShockSlayer said:
Ashen is the new ShockSlayer. 'Cept everything's pretty. I'M NOT WANTED ANYMORE

Look what you've done! You've caused Lord Almighty Shockslayer to question himself!

WE'LL BE SMITTEN BY THE BLADE OF THE MASTER SWORD!

QUICK! SOMEBODY SACRIFICE A VIRGIN!

You guys are all cwazy. :D

Little update. Case is 99% ready to be primed tomorrow, got all of the rest of the holes cut for switches, expansion ports, SD cards, etc. A little bit of the layout of the components is also shown:

DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1361.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

Sanded the L/R triggers real nice and got the first coat of paint on em:

DSCN1364.jpg

Later in the day today I got the sidewall retainers installed and ready, all I have to do is superglue the nuts to the bolt holes still:

DSCN1365.jpg

Couple shots of the case all closed up:

DSCN1368.jpg

DSCN1367.jpg

All in all it took me about 2 weeks of my free time to get it to this point, looks pretty Dang nice so far IMO. :D :D

bentomo said:
I usually don't go for this but you just made me lol shockslayer.
:rofl:

Why is it that everything Shockslayer types is pure, undeniable GOLD?

And that right thurr looks beautiful, Ashen. Can't wait to se it finished!

I know it won't be the final color scheme, but white in the middle and black on the sides looks pretty Dang badass.

Super duper sexy work so far

Great clean work there man! Awesome that you are taking portable making this serious. You should start to see if you can make more of them at the same time.... I bet you'll sell them like hot cakes!!

Got this beast painted today. Got it pretty much perfect the first time with the help of some spray painting advice from Hail and a bit more ocd sanding beforehand.

DSCN1371.jpg

DSCN1374.jpg

DSCN1372.jpg

DSCN1373.jpg

Gonna let it dry a few days and work on some of the electronics stuff in the meantime. I've got the motherboard almost 100% wired but I need to do up the custom regs, controller and batteries when they arrive. Waiting on the screen batts and some other piddly stuff to come in the mail still.

Holy *Can'tSayThisOnTV*.

That's... just... i... what...

How the Heck can you make things that look so Dang good?

Back