Commission for Gamma344 complete!

bud

DAT ASS
Alright, so after much time and frustration I'm very pleased to say it's finished and working great!

PjaDEl.jpg

v4QdXl.jpg

Spjy0l.jpg

It's a pretty solid and attractive unit in my opinion. Massive credit to Falco and Hailrazer for the case concept. :)

I didn't take any internal shots before I sealed it up, it's nothing really special on the inside. Nearly every connection on the inside is connected with headers to making future repair (god forbid) very easy.

Nice. :)

What's the button in the select spot ?

What did you use for the cap for the 4 way switch?

What did you do for the triggers?

:mrgreen:

Volume control (hollowed out wii button)

Sanded down a regular C button

Two black radioshack momentary switches

:)

Neato !!

Did you have to re-enforce the lid?

I found that after cutting the cart slot I have to re-enforce the hinge area now. I cut a strip of flashing metal a 1/4" thick and bend it to fit inside the top from the left trigger to the right trigger. Then I use 6 tiny screws to hold the case to the metal.

Makes it where I don't have to be concerned with the lid cracking near the hinges.

I haven't noticed any structural issues with the case. I've looked, but I couldn't find any. I knew it wasn't as sturdy as a polycase or something similar, so I was extra gentle when I was cutting and filing.

SWEET! Nice work Bud. That's Dang sex. :D

Hows the cart feel sitting up top like that? Sturdy? Not too top heavy?

The cart slot hole is pretty snug on the sides of the cart, and I haven't had any problems with it moving. It isn't top heavy at all. In fact, this unit's weight is distributed pretty well.

I took apart my PMP and used the 4700mah cells from that. I'd say it gets around three hours of play time.

Great Work Man! Very impressed! I've never seen the 64 drive in use either, that's a pretty nice unit in itself! Great Job!

Haha thanks man! I do have a better demonstration of the 64Drive on my YouTube channel. You should check it out

Did I just read a positive comment from XCVG?! :0

That's like twice as good as getting on a tech blog :p

Back