Circuit board question

designer noob

Hey, I was wondering what do you put between two circuit boards so, the pieces and solder don't touch and fry or short the boards. Some people said put electric tape between them, but my dad said that won't work. I jsut wanted confirmation that if I lay pieces of electrical tape over the top of the N64 and then put the screen board on top it will still work. Thanks.

Your dad must not know why electrical tape is called electrical tape, then. It doesn't let current pass through it, meaning yes, you could use it to insulate your electronics. I wouldn't use THAT much, though. Try a thin layer of plastic or summat, something solid. Too much tape = a mess to take off.

Thats why I am wondering is there something you can buy that wont have a chance to over heat the portable and will protect the circuit boards.

kk ty. I was wondering is the plastic you are taking about like the kind you use for vacuum forming or just like the clear plastic bags. I am quessing its not the plastic bags becasue they will burn very easily, but using the vacuum forming plastic is expensive. So, I am tied up this is probably one of the dumper questions you will have had to answer.

I mean a plain sheet or square of plastic. Any type will do. Y'know, the plastic that's on Dang near everything these days. CD cases could work, as would a cut-up game console case. Anything. Not plastic bags. You don't need to buy any plastic - just improvise.

Unless it's a hot system, electrical tape will be fine. There were these really cool plastic sheets someone found in an LCD display but they are impossible to find. The problem with using thick plastic as Caredo suggested is that it's thick- it takes up space. Usually electrical tape works just fine. If your system is hot enough to have heat issues you should use heatsinks anyway. And the sheets of plastic are just as bad for heat.

Hi,
There are two tangs marked 'Reserved' in the centre of the circuit board, in the headlight bucket. I thought these were switched power feeds for things like auxiliary lights, etc. I am looking for a non-switched source other than going directly to the battery for LED lights (one is inside the headlight bucket).Please help me out.

Back