Charging and Playing

scorpio93

So, I saw a diagram SS put up(http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31195) and I was very happy :D, it showed how to play and charge at the same time. Eventually I stumbled upon a thread(forgot where) that said it was bad to do this, reasoning being that the batteries current would force the charger's current into the charger, that making me very :cry4:

If some one could tell me if I can play and charge at the same time with these specs.
NOTE: I'm using a DPDT switch and this is for a N64(if that even matters).

Charger output: 8.4V 350mA

Batteries(Li-ion): Charge till full(8.3V) 4400mA capacity

personally, i recommend just hooking your charge jack up beyond the switch so it can charge whether its on, off, or otherwise. as for it being bad for the system, its not a problem unless the system is hyper voltage sensitive, and doesnt have a regulator to keep voltage steady. also, its bad if the system draws more amperage than the charger outputs.

samjc3 said:
personally, i recommend just hooking your charge jack up beyond the switch so it can charge whether its on, off, or otherwise. as for it being bad for the system, its not a problem unless the system is hyper voltage sensitive, and doesnt have a regulator to keep voltage steady. also, its bad if the system draws more amperage than the charger outputs.
Then how does the diagram work??? That would mean for me to charge and play I'd need what...a 1 amp(forgot n64 exact draw) or above li-ion charger?

scorpio93 said:
mako321 said:
yes, you do.
So then wouldn't the PS1 screen charger be ideal? With a 3 amp output it could easily charger and supply power...
it could provide enough power, yes, but it cant charge your batteries. you need a li-ion/poly smart charger. it puts out like 8.67v with like no fluctuation ;) .

Back