Charge n Play, Audio Amp, and low Battery indicator

The_Next_Guy

I was wndering if anyone would be interested in a pcb with all three of these circuits put together? I know it would definitely come into use and would be pretty handy to have all together. I ask because I am designing a board that has these functions but I don't have any capital right know. So yes either PM me or post here.

I've been working on it for about 2 months now, nearing completion.

JRqW8gf.jpg

(gasp) Bentomos project In the flesh!
You should call it the bentometer

Any chance of integrating other voltage regulators necessary to run the wii? Oh that would make me so happy.

It's actually called the Voltorb right now, it's got a little graphic in the back.

Right now the problem is heat, it's needs a heatsink most likely due to it's size and thermal dissipation limitations.

But yea I can change them up for different voltages and current ratings, the switching regulators have programmable voltages. The hard part is board layout to avoid thermal runaway. I really can't figure out how the pth08080 and ptr08100's do it, pumping 10 amps out of that inductor without pushing 45C.

I'll be hosting the project on git soon so anyone can download it and modify it.

Interesting. How efficient are the regulators compared to stock regulators and regulators? How noisy is the output signal? Which components get hot?

I would love to see a full writeup and help with design contributions.

Also, The_Next_Guy, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Well the hijacking was kind of my fault, seeing all the pcb stuff come out lately I thought someone else might get this idea soon.

I plan to do a full write up once it's 100% working. The regulators are just as efficient as the custom TI regulators and my board works down to 5v.

The components that get hot are the Large grey blocks, those are the inductors that store the energy and put out the current. It's still in active development, I just get more hiccups than I'd like to admit so there will be updates soon hopefully.

i still need to test my version...
i did some preliminary testing and it worked out using other device (not GC)
ill need to grab some TI regulators and batteries/chargers to fully test and confirm...

bentomo has really gone far out and beyond with such a great project....
i look forward to seeing it completed...

my version on the other hand is very generic and does not have any bells or whistles compared to bentomo's piece of work...i only use 3 or 4 simple parts which are intended to be compatible with any version regulator / battery charger setup..
nothing fancy...just simple functionality....

project is on the back burner and awaiting proper testing since its not a high priority for me right now...(sorry)

Back