Casing ideas

TheNineRings

Official Hypello of ModRetro
Alright, I know that everybody has problems choosing a case to use, so if anyone has seen any things that have cool cases, or cases themselves, post links to it here. Also, no posting to polycase, as those are overused, and just about everybody knows about it. Alright? I'll post some in a while. I know that hailrazer should have a few things to post :mrgreen:

ZN-40, its been use, but you can woodPutty and Bondo it up and make it look Sexy (or not)

Used ALOT!

Im thinking of doing my next portable in a AG-85, sounds good? will it fit an SNES, or N64?

An AG-85 may fit a mini-snes, but will definitely fit a SNES clone. N64 is probably a no-go, the only one I know who has tried is snowpenguin, and I believe he's having trouble to get it working.

yes, an AG-84 will fit both, with a bit of board trimming. no need for flaxty retro duo bards :lol:

also, i have some cases that i have acquired that i will post abut when get home from school :awesome:

I look forward to ever seeing an AG-85 n64. It may not be the smallest ever, but the case looks better than the ZN series IMO.

zeturi said:
I look forward to ever seeing an AG-85 n64. It may not be the smallest ever, but the case looks better than the ZN series IMO.

QFT, Im gonna get both, and if I can fit my crap inside the AG-85, then That will be my case.

zeturi said:
An AG-85 may fit a mini-snes, but will definitely fit a SNES clone. N64 is probably a no-go, the only one I know who has tried is snowpenguin, and I believe he's having trouble to get it working.

Very easily fits.

It's thickness that becomes a problem if you use lipo batteries.

If you use li ions you can store them in the sides and the thickness problem is gone.

I was originally going to use an AG-85 for YAP64. I have two right here. It will fit, but it'll be a tight squeeze and will require some serious cutting, maybe RCP wiring too. And forget about using a PSone screen.

My god XCVG.

How many times must we tell you.

IT DOESN'T REQUIRE RCP WIRING. The cutting of the board needed is not even "serious". Takes BARELY anything to make it fit.

And the Psone screen will work JUST FINE. There's room for controls, YES, even joysticks.

IT'S FINE

I said maybe RCP wiring. And yeah, I guess a PSone screen will fit, but it'll be tight. Too tight for me, but admittedly an experienced portabilizer could probably pull it off. That and I like excessive useless features, like rumble, battery indicator, a zillion switches, etc.

snowpenguin said:
My god XCVG.

How many times must we tell you.

IT DOESN'T REQUIRE RCP WIRING. The cutting of the board needed is not even "serious". Takes BARELY anything to make it fit.

And the Psone screen will work JUST FINE. There's room for controls, YES, even joysticks.

IT'S FINE

I doubt seriously you could get in batteries though. :p

Nope, hail.

You can fit batteries.

Lipos would make it a requirement to use a thin retrocon joystick, but if you use Li ion cells in the sides you could use any joystick really.

XCVG, the only reason you would need to rcp wire AT ALL would be if you wanted the cart to go massively into the portable.

Otherwise, there is no way you even "might" need to rcp wire.

Oh you're talking an external cart slot , right?

I always assume an internal cart slot.

Because I did the Genimini with an internal cart slot and 2 tiny camcorder batteries and BARELY got everything in there.

And I would think you would want more than 2000mAh batteries in an N64 portable.

Nope. I'm talking internal slot that goes down into the system a half inch or so.

If you RCP wire it will go more.

Also, batts. You can fit one 2200 mAh 18650 cell in each side, and you could fit two on the bottom but you may have to rcp wire to do that.

Well let's see it then .

N64 in a Ag-85 case. Internal cart slot, 4400mAh batteries, buttons, c-stick, d-pad, thumbstick. Psone screen and a partridge in a pear tree.

Do it , show pics and I'll send you something nice :)

I'm making my n64p in an JB-55, it's smaller.

Also, I probably don't have the skills to rcp wire the cart slot to fit in the 4400 mAh batts AND internal cart slot at the same time.

Do not doubt your powers my young apprentice.

There is no try , only do or do not.

I believe I can fly.

I had a dream.

So on and so forth ..... blah blah....words of encouragement and all that jazz :p :lol:

Back