cartrige slot question

thelukestir said:
kos said:
thelukestir said:
I have no idea what you are talking about
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=245

lurn2link

idk why you want to do any of this if you are working with a case the size of the n64 case
well now im having secon thought about using the origional case because its huge...

The original case is huge. Without trimming the board at all, you can make a portable much smaller than the original case.

if you really want a small portable, RCP wiring is a viable alternative, but it isnt easy to do. matter of fact, its just about the smallest dot pitch you can find on any portable project. Dont try it unless:

A) you dont mind killing every n64 you touch

B) Are very good at soldering.

Now, I know you dont have to be a god to RCP wire, but its not something someone who has never soldered before can just pick up and do.

I'm fairly good (not great, but way better than I used to be) and RCP scares the flax out of me. I could probably do it, but only after several N64s and a metric ton of expletives. I have TSOP flashed my XBOX though, and it was pretty sketchy. I don't think it's half as sketchy as RCP wiring though.

My next portable may be RCP wired. That is, if I ever make another portable. I'm thinking of just getting a nice Eee 1215N instead. That thing looks amazing.

Back