Can you use alcohol 120% to install osx86 without a dvd?

snowpenguin

Frequent Poster
So, apparently alcohol can emulate a disc drive to use .iso files without an actual disc, so can I install osx86 from an .iso on my computer with alcohol, or am I a dumbflax?

Edit: This topic was repurposed, so Zero's reply was to another question.

Re: Can you develop apps for iphone on an osx86 machine?

Yes, you can but it isn't really ideal (especially when it comes to OS updates).

I picked up on that lol.

Seems alcohol 120 will come in handy installing this without a dvd anyway, jlee pointed me towards another method.

You could extract the files to a bootable usb drive or use something like alcahol 52% free or daemon tools lite, you know.

Stop using Alcohol 120% it's terrible and you're a pirate.
Use Daemon tools use the Lite version not the full or pro or whatever they're calling it THIS WEEK.

I Google searched extensively when I first got this laptop - couldn't find it. Posted a thread on the Daemon Tools forums but they were all lazy retards and my thread got no replies.

Good job snowpenguin, you changed the topic title and your first post and now I look like an idiot. :facepalm:

I'll add an edit, sorry bout that.

Well, I burned a DVD of both iPC 10.5.6 and Kalyway 10.5.2 and neither worked, they both rebooted my computer after 15 seconds.

Bleh.

Back