Bluetooth SNES Headphones

lyberty5

Hey all !
It's been a while since I've posted anything substantial !

Truth is I was struggling to close up a job offer to make some videos for a certain website. And after giving me the contract they kept me waiting and waiting...

So much so that I decided to start from scratch and film some new stuff and build again !

150324053048544197.jpg

These are Headphones I recuperated from a friend, I then added a bluetooth module inside and connected it to the controls on the SNES PCB so that the buttons act as play/change song

The rest of it is pretty much a redux of my previous corded SNES headphones ^^ I just wanted to have some with buttons that do something :)

This was mostly an excuse to have fun filming and editing the worklog into a clean video. Narrated by the talented Ricepirate (to whom I feel ever-so grateful).

I really hope you guys get a kick out off the video as I tryied my best to get some nice images of modding..

Have some more pics if you care little for the video :

150324053046586147.jpg

150324053030656424.jpg

I have a few things I've been working on and filming for the past year, I don't know yet if I'll edit them into something watchable..

I do have a great skype conversation of Ashen showing off his gorgeous PS2p left over from the old contract, don't know if I can let that go to waste...

Tell me what you guys think ! I'm just so pumped to have finally produced something whole with my two hands :)

Fantastic. That video does a pretty great job of introducing modding, too.

I loved the original, and I love this even more now that the buttons work. Also like Geb said, the video is fantastic.

That's great! I just started watching Ricepirate's videos this past week! Small world... Did you know him before asking him to voiceover for this project?

It just feels right that the buttons are functional. Excellent video! I'd love to see your rig for filming - how did you go about such good lighting, getting that top down view, etc.?

My rig is pretty straight forward, but I'm glad you asked since I worked on it a bit.

I have my table on which I work with two 5$ garden lights with pretty powerful halogen lightbulbs. I've positioned them on each side just set on furniture. So there's lots on light on the frame and no hard shadow. (It's still no proffesional lighting)
Also that big thing on the left is a fat neon my dad recovered from some wharehouse and set up straight.

150326101026401110.jpg

Then I film with my D3300, which is passable.. It's set on the cheapest stand, which can't do camera movement (too grippy), but is very adjustable, so I can set it high up on the side, and also straight on the table, min height, looking down (for top down views) and another variety of positions.

The thing that helps me the most is a psone screen I repurposed as an external screen for my camera, that way I can check effortlessly if I'm in the shot while working. Also, I can work alone..

150326101020845035.jpg

Hope I've helped !

That helps a great deal! I've been itching to start working on something and one of my favorite parts has always been documenting everything so others may learn along with me. Thanks.

So, what you're telling us is that you do your modding in over-the-shoulder third person?

Back